Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Outfit For Grandma's House!

Hey there!

I just realized I forgot to include pictures and info about my outfit! I am the kind of person that would choose sleep over getting all dolled up so this outfit may be a bit of a surprise. I normally leave my hair in a towel after a shower so it is out of the way. Then after I am ready for bed I throw it up on top of my head in a messy damp bun. I just get lazy at night so then when I wake up in the morning and undo my bun, it's like release the beast!! I do not have the stereotypical Asian girl hair. For some reason when I woke up I decided to do something different for my hair. I created this simple quick elegant updo. What do you think? I will admit that I am challenged when it comes to using bobby pins to keep my hair up. For this updo I used a total of 6 bobby pins and I am sure other girls would only need 2 or 3 max.


I figured that this updo would not be the ideal style for a t-shirt and shorts so I rummaged through my clothes to find something more appropriate. Then voila! I found this beautiful top that has been practically collecting dust in my closet for the last year! When I originally found this top I fell in love with the colors, style, and design. To no surprise, the straps were too long for me and were not adjustable. My aunt told me I could always tie them in the back or sew it but I was thinking it would never work. I actually put the top back onto the clothes rack and ran back last minute to purchase it. Guess where I got it and how much I paid?!



I got this steal at my local Goodwill store for less than $5! I know, it is an amazing steal! I had to make the top work for me so I took my Forever21 wrap bracelet and secured it around the back straps. The colors don't go all that well but hey it worked for me! Oh and if you were wondering, I AM wearing shorts as well as a strapless bra! My brother took these pictures for me and asked if I was wearing shorts lol

The outfit was completed with a necklace from Goodwill and a pair of dangle teal earrings I purchased from Kohls. It is a bit dressy for a visit to my grandparents' but I had fun. It is different from my every day look and I will definitely rock this hairstyle for a future date, dance, or party!

ALG

ps. wanting a tutorial?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you come up with these creative ideas but looks amazing! Yes to tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thanks! just random thinking i guess

    ReplyDelete