Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Swingin' Time

Good Evenin!

not us, but just an idea from the internet.
hope to have a photo next week though!
Yes, today was the day. Schatzi and I had our first dance class! I've been wanting to learn some ballroom dancing for a while so I asked my boyfriend if he would take a dance class with me. Of course he said yes! So we signed up for Beginning Couples Ballroom Dance for this quarter! I was nervous when we first got into the classroom. Around 18 other couples were there. I think we were the couple with the biggest height difference . . . I mean he's 13 inches taller than I am! I was afraid it would be a problem, but I don't think it caused much of a problem.

Our teacher told us that this evening we would be learning Swing Dance! Schatzi and I were slightly worried when we heard the fast tempo of the music. Luckily our teacher changed the music to something a bit slower. He taught us a few steps at a time.

This class allows us to keep our partner instead of rotating partners, but he said to switch. So like a good little child I rotated. Did this twice before I realized not everyone rotated and my poor baby was partnerless at one point! Back to my baby I went. Dancing with another individual wasn't as awkward as I thought it would have been. I was happy to return to my boyfriend though. You guys know how I have horrible balance right? The dance required me to do a handful of spins . . . you can imagine how that went. I lost my balance a lot lol which turns out to be a bit of a problem when you need to get both feet planted on the floor before moving on to the next step.

I was nervous and a bit self conscious and as a result I was laughing A LOT! Tried hard not to though. Sorry bout that Schatzi. Don't think anybody really cares how much of a fool I make out of myself. Everyone is just focused on getting the moves down and having fun. Toward the end of class I felt more comfortable, not sure if that showed though. Regardless, I had an awesome time! Oh and neither of us stepped on the other's feets!! Surprising right?? I love having an activity to do outside of our educations. I was gona say school, but technically it is still at school.

Schatzi did a great job btw. I may have to step it up!

After a long day I loved ending it dancing with you Schatzi. Thank you again for signing up for class with me. Can't wait till next week's lesson!

Love you :)

ALG

6 comments:

  1. A little recreation to relieve class stress is always good, especially something you enjoy. Hopefully the spinning doesn't get you sick like the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you had such a good time. I only hope that we can remember all the moves the next chance we get to dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had the feeling I would forget them so I tried to write the moves down.

      Delete
  3. Cool, ballroom dancing! Don't worry, you're always a quick learner! ;) Lol, you did amazing on the Indian dance, so no you don't have horrible balance! Just have to get use to it.

    ReplyDelete