Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 2

Evening guys,

Sorry I am a day late with these posts, but by the end of the day I am drained. Yesterday Schatzi and I got up early and headed over to Marukai! For those of you that don't know what it is, Marukai is a Japanese grocery store. Was a quick trip but I got what I wanted! Got my umeboshi onigiri, green tea mix, strawberry circle masks, and a few other items. The main reason for the trip to Marukai was the musubi. Schatzi once described to me a snack he used to buy at the gas stations in Japan. As he described it to me I realized he was talking about onirigi.



I love to shop at thrift stores. There's one that is near by home so after dropping off groceries we headed on over to it. I got this dress, blouse, and tank top for $7. Not too bad I suppose. When I was there my eyes were drawn to two pairs of figure skates. I would have gotten them, but something told me mom wouldn't be too keen on that idea. Also in due time I will buy myself a new pair. By then it was time for lunch and I was randomly craving Indian food! Got my usual veggie samosas, rice, and naan. Not sure what the name of what Schatzi got, but it couldn't have been too bad since he ate it. He said he prefers white rice over the Indian rice. I was like say waaa?? I love me some Indian rice!

Going to bed late and waking up early made us both tired. After lunch Schatzi took a nap while I watched some Undercover Boss and blogged. Before coming over he had mentioned the idea of taking me out on a date and even wearing a suit. I thought he was crazy because I don't know of many places around here that would require a suit. There are probably a lot, but I just don't know they exist because I don't go to those places. I told him that, and he said doesn't matter where we go. He said a date with a beautiful woman is a good enough reason to wear a suit. Believe me, I tried to convince him not to wear one on and off for a few hours. To be honest, I can't believe he actually brought the suit! It was so adorable when he asked me "Brittney will you go out on a date with me?" He looked up a handful of restaurants I may like to try out. I give him credit for dealing with my crazy pickiness. We decided on Macaroni Grill for our dinner.

Before we had to leave I kept telling him not to wear the suit. We went to my room to see if I even had anything to wear to match his level of formalness. He told me I could go in what I had on which happened to be a white sweater and black sweat pants and he would still not look as good as I did. (Is he not the sweetest?) Of course I couldn't do that! I chose a dress that I had bought a few months back from where? Yes, a thrift store!! Added a thin black belt and my $7 shoes.

The deal was that if I let him wear his suit then he would shave so while he shaved I did my makeup. He thought I would enjoy getting all dressed up. You know what? He was so right. I used to go to dances and that best part would be having a reason to get all dolled up. Don't think my fam knew we were going to get all fancy so of course my mom wanted us to take a picture. After my brother snapped a few for us off we went to dinner!

I wasn't terribly hungry so I decided on an appetizer while Schatzi got an entree.















When I go to a restaurant that sells Italian soda I like to order one. I don't have carbinated drinks very often so figure why not? My usual is raspberry Italian soda with the cream on the side, but our waitress suggested the peach over the raspberry. The taste was familiar, but I couldn't figure out exactly what it remineded me of. Then Schatzi tried it and said it tasted like those orange ring shaped candies. Peach O's!

It was my first time eating at a Macaroni Grill so when the waitress came to our table and wrote her name upside down and backwards I thought she was writing random letters and numbers lol it was so cool though! Might've taken me a good while to get over that bit.

Schatzi had originally wanted to take me to dinner and a movie, but we didn't find any worth while movies at the local theater. For someone that's not even from here, he does a good job at finding things to do. He found a drive-in theater! He had never been to one before and neither had I so it was perfect. We watched Non-Stop. I loved the movie. It made me keep thinking and guessing the whole time. I'd suggest y'all go and see it if you're into that sort of movie. Also, the experience of going to a drive-in theater was quite pleasant. No worrying about people sitting in front of you, screaming children, people making out, sitting on gum, etc. The only down side would be not having a bathroom available. I think I would choose the drive-in over a regular theater. Thank you for suggesting it btw Schatzi. Great idea, as always.

Seems like every day is perfect right? Well turns out they are perfect. Got to do some shopping, eat great food, get all dolled up, and see a movie. Schatzi wasn't lying when he said he looks good in a suit. Very nice :) Was a change to only be 8 inches shorter than you instead of the usual 13?

Hope it will always be this enjoyable and exciting <3

ALG


9 comments:

  1. I hope so as well. Sounds like a great first date! Non-stop fun (movie title) fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuuuuute:):):) sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sooooo romantic! Haha, give Schatzi a pat on the back for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Never had that in the previous relationships. I'll make sure I do that for you T

      Delete