Tuesday, September 3, 2013

One More Visit To Grandma's House

Hi there,

I am moving into my dorm at UCSD later this month so my family and I went to my grandparents' house for dinner. I think it is safe to say that no matter what ethnicity you are, grandmas always love to fatten you up when you visit! My grandma made me my favorite teriyaki salmon, Chinese chicken salad, sweet beans, veggies, and rice. Being a picky eater, I will eat salmon only when it is from my grandma's kitchen or a Japanese restaurant. I know. I am strange lol

While we waited for my grandma to cook dinner my mom, grandpa, and I went to Tozai, a nearby Japanese market. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this pack of yakidango. I am in love with these things! If you ever get the chance to try them I highly recommend trying them.
My mom saw this interestingly named item. She told me "look!" So of course I turn to look and I start laughing because of the unique name. We walked around the store and ended up back near the "LOOK" candy when my mom shouts "look look!" What did I do? Yes, I fell for it again lol It was too funny not to buy it so we bought the green tea mousse flavor. When we got back to my grandma's we messed with my brother :D The candy itself was not bad but not my favorite.





After a very fulfilling dinner I helped clean up and get dessert ready. These are the individual desserts my brother and I purchased at 85 degree bakery. Aren't they beautiful? Turns out I enjoyed looking at them more than I did tasting them.




My grandparents, brother, and I took our doggie for a walk. I let my grandma hold the leash and I could tell that she gets a great joy from walking my baby. I think that it's like having another grandchild to her. It is very cute. The sky while we were on the walk was gorgeous!

ALG



No comments:

Post a Comment