Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall Or Monarch Butterfly?

Hey there,

I normally have my natural black hair, but over the past year or two I have been loving turquoise. I recently wanted to dye my bangs again so I bleached part of my bangs. The thing is that they didn't turn blond like I had hoped. I didn't leave the bleach in long enough so it turned out to be a coppery orange color. I have a bottle of red hair dye and decided I would use this before buying a new bottle of turquoise. I wasn't sure if the red would show up as red over the coppery orange hair so I did a test on a little bit of my bangs. This is what they look like. I have noticed Fall videos on YouTube and thought my bangs could be "Fall" bangs! No? Well I think they do lol



When I dye my bangs I like to keep a thin black layer of hair over the dyed hair. This creates a softer look. In the first picture I have my thin layer of natural hair over the dyed hair vs the dyed hair on the top.


After looking at my hair for the last few days it reminded me of something. What does it remind you of? In my opinion it reminds me of a monarch butterfly. I have watched hundreds of makeup tutorials on YouTube, but only a few on butterfly makeup. Thought I would give it a shot. I don't have face paints so I had to stick to eyeliner and eyeshadow. Not too bad right? I think I would sport this look for Halloween. It would be my grown up version of my monarch butterfly wire wing and skirt costume! Haha For some reason I had a butterfly phase where I would randomly wear butterfly wings . . .

ALG



4 comments: