Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Push It

Hi there,

Had a math midterm this evening from 8-9. Guess what I did right before leaving the dorm. I locked myself out. My roommates were in class and at the library so I had no choice but to run to the SAC to get keys. The midterm . . . half was super easy, the other half confused the poop out of me. You can guess how I must have felt after that.

It has been a very very VERY long time since the gym and I had a date. Maybe a month? Left the dorm room and went straight to the treadmill. My goal was 5 miles in an hour. I don't know if this is a good way to go about my goal, but I usually start off walking at 3.5ish. Speed up to 5.0 mph till I reach a total of a mile. Break for 0.1 miles at 3.5 mph. Then back up to 5.0 or 5.5 till the 2.0 mile mark. I continue this for an hour. I had to really push myself at times. I wanted to just walk, but I told myself I had to push through. At the end of the hour I had covered 4.5 miles, burned 490 calories, had a max heart rate of 170, and kept a decent pace. Is that a decent set of numbers? Not a runner or anything so I have no clue when it comes to these things.

Back at the dorm I had a little muffin brownie waiting for me. Sarah baked brownies this evening, and she even put sprinkles in mine! More like cake, but not bad. Loved the sprinkles!

Shower. MMW reading. Bed. I hope.

ALG


2 comments:

  1. Pretty decent treadmill stats, although 178 heart rate is pretty high so at that point you must have been really Pushing It.

    ReplyDelete