Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Pedi For Me?

Hi there,

I have a passion for nail art and I believe that I can do my nails much better than the ladies at the nail salons. For this reason, the last time I had my nails done at a salon was over four years ago. I found a coupon in the mail and decided I would go to get a pedi since I have recently given myself a mani. Guess who went with me to get my pedi? SJ! He even got a pedi too lol I never thought I would be able to say my boyfriend and I went to get our nails done, but now I can. It's not a negative thing. I actually think it was really sweet that he got one instead of sitting and waiting for me. I feel like he showed some interest in my passion and that meant a lot to me. He didn't get his nails painted, and he didn't have to get them painted to show me he cares.

SJ helped me pick out a beautiful red with gold dust polish, but the guy at the salon moved my chair handle and broke the bottle. I was very sad that I could no longer have that color, but life is tough right? So I chose a red and a gold glitter polish to go on top. I felt bad about the broken nail polish. I know that it's not my fault, but I feel like it was. It kind of looked like blood.. When the lady was scrubbing my feet and all, she kept looking at my finger nails. Then she would talk to the other workers in the salon and they would kind of look at me. Eventually she said that they were nice and asked if they were fake! When I said no and that they were my real nails she asked if they were like the Sally Hanson ones. When I said no again, she took a closer look and I think she thought I got them done. I told her no and that I do them myself. She told me I did a good job and that made me smile because I must be doing something right for people to think that they are of such high quality, right?


We went to Taco Bell for lunch and I got my usual! I love to get the bean and cheese burrito no red sauce no onions and nachos. Their cheese sauce is to die for!! Lunch was a ton of fun because SJ and I got to discuss strengths and weaknesses and joke around a bit.



My mom dropped SJ and I off at JCP while she got her bangs trimmed and I found a pretty dress! I don't think I have tried on a dress of this style. The neckline is higher than most, there's a belt, and the skirt is pleated. The back of the dress has a cut out that's not too large or low. I am not normally a fan of clothes with an open back, but this one was different.


I watch AprilAthena7 on youtube and she has a recipe for agua fresca! It tastes soooooo yummy! So to make my lovely agua fresca SJ and I went to a market to purchase a watermelon. We chose a 14 lb watermelon! The labor that went into creating the drink was crazy, but it was worth it. I sent some home with SJ to enjoy.




SJ and I went to WSS, a shoe store, a few months ago to find him a new pair of sneakers. I chose the perfect pair for him, but they cost $50 so he wanted to wait. Good thing he waited because I found a coupon! When we visit this store I always browse through their clothes racks. This time I found an awesome tank with bright colors and a black sheer back. It only cost me $8 too!

My favorite item I got was this sweater. I strongly dislike wearing cardigans and sweaters. I prefer sweat jackets, hoodies, and sweatshirts. This sweater has the sleeves of a cardigan, the feel of a jacket, different patterns, buttons down the front, and best of all a removable hood with drawstrings! I mean what more could I possibly ask for?!?!! I was so excited about this item of clothing that I wore it around the store while I shopped for shoes lol How much do you think I paid for this baby? Only like $12! I know right!

SJ and I had a very busy day, we went to 14 places . . . I even took him to Bath and Body Works to buy him a foam hand soap. We chose the best day to go too because it was soap or $2.50 day only sale. The soaps are normally $5.50! So got a good deal. I love to use coupons and shop for sale items. Even got a $90 desk lamp for less than$50! Just ordered this amazingly awesome bag to use to carry my laptop and books around school! It was a very enjoyable day. SJ enjoyed his pedi and food I made him. I enjoyed all the sales, driving my boyfriend around, and making new foods.

ALG


4 comments:

  1. You sound like you had a good day and you'relucky to have a bf like that and im sure he enjoyed the day too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to pretend that you aren't my boyfriend

      Delete
  2. Hola sister. This post sounded super bubbly and I'm glad you had an awesome day.

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award so check out http://awkawardcheesecake.blogspot.jp/2013/09/i-got-nominated-for-liebster-award.html for what you need to do:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun day and I was so happy when I found my sweater thing

      Delete