Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sibling Day 2014

Hey there!

Guess who came to visit me at school today?? Well the title kind of gives it away, huh? My brother decided to come for Sibling day at UCSD. Of course my parents were here too (kinda), cuz they had to drive. Sooo if you know how I am, I am NOT into the whole activity planned day thing. UCSD had a whole schedule for us. I thought they would get here at 9 so I set my alarm for 8:28. Turns out my mom said they would be here at 8:30-9:00. I got outa bed and got almost all the way ready when my brother called saying they were standing outside the suite.

We had our parents drop us off near the Peterson stop and we walked to the Student Services Center for check-in. Put on the shirts, grabbed some grub, went potty, and off to Fallen Star we went. Got there early, first ones there! Took us a total of like three mins to see Fallen Star. Glad we got there early because look at the line when we left!

Technically they gave us an hour for the Fallen Star visit, so we had 50 minutes to spare. Took my brother to the library so he could see the "amazing" view, Goodies so he could see a market and get a burrito, the HSS roof so he could see the view and meet Avery, and finally back to the dorm. By that time we only had enough time to drop stuff off at the dorm then hop on the shuttle back to where we started. Session two we made super balls! I made mine all colorful, but my brother  was all like I don't like the colorful kind. So his turned out to be just neon pink! (Don't tell him, but I think his turned out better than mine . . . )

Finished that with time to spare too, so we went to Price Center and ate a snack of pork buns. My brother always has issues when food is hot. The buns were steaming and he kept trying to touch it lol


Went back to Warren to see the big bear. Also went to the bookstore. Then break for lunch at Sun God. We didn't want to sit with all the other families so we found a place on the way to York. UCSD planned for us to do a scavenger hunt so we went back to Sun God and got a passport and list of clues. I'm sure you can guess that we had already been to most of the places. We ended up doing almost all of it over again to get our stickers!


Ended up at BHong's place. Chilled there for a while. Like having two brothers with me at the same time! Eventually caught the shuttle to get back to point A for the raffle. They tricked us! Made us sit and make a blanket while doing the raffle every 15 mins or so. My brother wanted to listen to the talking tree, but it didn't talk to him. Luckily, we heard the singing tree and ran over to it!



Back to the dorm to grab our burritos and off we went to the cliffs for the sunset. Parents went with Bob and her friends so my brother and I sat in the dorm. He was playing with his iPhone and I was on my computer. I realized I forgot to take him to the gym so we went to play racquetball at the gym! It was loads of fun! Like handball mixed with tennis mixed with ping pong? I think this was our favorite part of the day because we got to be loud and silly like old times.

All in all it was a fantastic day full of sibling bonding. Maybe next time I will take him the big red chair and stone hedge. Love you big little bro.

ALG



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full day. Thank you for sharing the day with your brother and showing him around campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic of you and Bro to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. np np. i enjoyed it! Thanks to Bob for the picture

      Delete