Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bras & Brownies!

Hi again!

Who has carried one of these lovely bags around?!
No, I did not die. Life has been very busy lately and at the end of the day I am too drained to think straight to provide you all with a thoughtful post . . . Today's post is more for the ladies, but guys you are welcome to read this as well. Let's face it, there is a time in every girl's life where she gets to a magical time in life when she needs a bra! I was so thrilled when I got to purchase my first bra. I tried on so many bras lol I wanted the cute ones with lots of colors and patterns, but now I realize there is more to bra choosing that looks. In the past I bought all of my bras from Kohl's, Target, and Walmart because they were cheap and decent quality. Now I purchase my bras from Victoria's Secret because they are better quality. My first trip to VS took over an hour because I must have tried every bra in the store! That trip was about twoish years ago . . . yes it has been a long time. But when bras cost $42 each I want to get the most out of them! My recent trip to VS took about an hour as well because I think I tried every bra in my size lol It's kind of difficult to find a bra at VS when you are on the smaller side because they just don't fit right. I ended up choosing a bra similar to the one I own. The difference is just the straps and style.

After bra shopping, I noticed I am more comfortable walking around carrying a bunch of bras. I used to try to hide them under other clothes I took into fitting rooms, but now I don't care. Were you like this at one point too? Or am I alone?

I LOVE Bath & Body Works! My mom and I get all of the promotion emails and coupons. Once day my mom said that BBW was giving away free brownies with an online purchase of X dollars. I was lik brownies?!?? That's odd because BBW is all about fragrances not food! So I looked into it and turns out they were giving brownies. I placed an order and voila, brownies on our porch! Well, it wasn't that quick lol took a week probably. The brownies came in this sleek box.

There were a total of four little square brownies. Each one was 100 calories a pop! Let me start off by saying only one had a brownie consistency, the Marshmallow Fireside. The Farmstand Apple had the texture of a very dense moist cake. All the brownies were very sweet. My favorite was the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. The top of the brownie has a crumble similar to one you would find on an apple dessert. My second favorite is the Pumpkin Cupcake because it has sprinkle on top!! I L-O-V-E sprinkles sooooo much!!! It has a subtle pumpkin flavor. The Marshmallow Fireside brownie had a hint of coconut so it wasn't all that yummy for my taste buds. It had a very brownie like texture and appearance though. Lastly, the Farmstand Apple wasn't as flavorful as I had expected. My mom and I tried each brownie by consuming 1/4 of each. My fourth of the apple brownie was so dense and heavy that it didn't make me feel happy like brownies should lol BBW did a good job with convincing me and my mom that we had to try the brownies! It wasn't the best experience, but it was a lot of fun taste testing them.

Till next time,

ALG

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you about the bras lol.
    The brownies sound interesting...I've only tried chocolate kinds.

    Glad you've been ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I feel confident walking around holding bras because I forget I even have them lol

      Delete
  2. It nice that you found a bra for yourself and those brownies look decent too bad i missed the promo

    ReplyDelete