Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bruschetta?

Hello again,

My parents had to go to an event for my brother's school this evening, so I had the option of going out and buying dinner or getting creative in the kitchen. I was craving Mexican food but I know rice and beans and tortillas are not the best items to consume. Soooo I decided to make bruschetta. Luckily I found one tomato left in the fridge! We didn't have fresh garlic or french bread so I improvised.

Ingredients:
       Basil Leaf
       Tomato
       Garlic or Garlic Powder
       Olive Oil
       French Bread/Garlic Cheese Bread
       Salt



Directions:
       1. Wash the tomato and basil
       2. Slice the tomato and remove the seeds with a spoon



       3. Dice the tomato and slice the basil

       4. Place tomato, basil, and olive oil into a bowl
       5. Add salt and garlic/garlic powder to taste
       6. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes developing flavors.
       7. While waiting, toast some bread
       8. Let the bread cool
       9. When cool, top it off with your tomato mixture 
       10. Enjoy!


This is my final result. I left my basil in large pieces because I personally do not like eating basil.  I do enjoy the flavor though so after letting the mixture sit I picked out the basil. If you don't mind the basil slice your basil into thin pieces. I did not include specific measurements because they will vary based on the size of the tomato and preference. To add to my meal I grabbed some broccoli for color and freshness. I also placed tofu in a bowl which I sprinkled sugar onto and drizzled some soy sauce over the top. I enjoyed every bit of my dinner. It was as if I had planned the meal ahead of time!

So when you need a quick meal/snack try making bruschetta!!

ALG

2 comments:

  1. Your cooking is always so neat! Bruschetta looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Made another batch today for SJ and he loved it. You should totally make some!! Im contemplating buying blogilates hoodie...

      Delete