Sunday, July 28, 2013

Luncheon..

Sorry you guys!

I know I am behind. I went to a scholarship luncheon yesterday and I have to tell you how it went. First off I only got 3 hours and some odd minutes of sleep the night before the luncheon so I was not a social butterfly. My dad, my grandparents, and I arrived to the venue and we were greeted by a bunch of Japanese people lol It was a Japanese scholarship so it makes sense. I was afraid of going to the luncheon because being a picky eater I do not want to offend anybody. We all sat down at our assigned tables. Although I did not want to be social I forced myself to socialize with the family at our table. There were 19 scholarship recipients so there were a good amount of people at the luncheon.

After the first and second speeches I had to lead the way for the rest of my fellow scholarship recipients to the side of the stage so we could wait to be called up. My last name starts with a C so I ended up being the first student in alphabetical order. When they announced my name I walked on stage and they read a whole list of all my accomplishments. I felt like it would never end...felt so awkaward (thats for u sista). The organization gets their money from sponsors so each student got a specific sponsor. I thought it was the coolest part when I went on stage and received my scholarship envelope from the gentleman that donated the money. I felt like it was very personal.

Once all of the names were read we took a group picture and finally sat down for lunch. When I saw the salad I knew the rest of the lunch would be an issue. I don't like field greens or anything other than romaine or ice berg. The salad was a mix of field greens with a hint of romaine along with corn and a slice of tomato. I picked out the romaine and ate the corn. I felt so bad.. Then the entree. Dun dun duuuuuhhhh! I was worried that they would not have a few entrees to choose from. This was the meal they served to everyone. I was terrified. I think the big slab of meat just intimidated me. To be honest I immediately turned my plate so that the meat was as far away from me as possible. I did enjoy the twice baked potato. The veggies consisted of baby carrots, broccoli, zucchini, and wax beans. I ate all of it but the zucchini because I am not a fan of it. Yes I know, I am super picky. Then the best part, dessert! OMG the dessert was really yummy. It came in a cute glass too. The vanilla ice cream had a consistancy different from the name brands. To make the ice cream more appelaing they added some raspberry sauce and a peach slice. I LOVE peach slices. When I was a little kid I used to eat bowls of em! I may still do it..just maybe..

I bought a teeth whitening pen the other day and I am SUPER excited to try it out! My teeth are not white but they are not really yellow either. I guess I am just getting to the age where girls start to care more about these things. So I will let you guys know if I see a difference in color. If I feel confident enough I may also upload pictures. We will have to wait and see!

SJ and I went on the surprise date today! We had a lot of fun today but you will have to wait till tomorrow to read about our day!

Check in tomorrow for the date!

ALG

1 comment:

  1. That looked like a really big lunch...looked more like you went to dinner. Should've had a vegetarian option at the least. :0P

    ReplyDelete