Thursday, July 25, 2013

Baby Chicken! Say What???

Hey there!

Just as a little warning for those of you that find embryos of any kind to be disturbing be cautious when you scroll down. I will give another warning further down but just saying.

Started the morning off with a cinnamon roll again. They aren't bad and my dogie enjoys licking the plate clean for me. After a sugary carb breakfast I decided to do my usual lunch healthyish meal. I got my smoothie, nectarine, pb honey toast, edamame, grape tomatoes, and some broccoli. It took me a while to eat it all because to me it was quite a bit of food. Not sure why though because it really isn't that much...guess I just felt fullish.



Remember the balloon dogie I was so thrilled about? Well I still have him.. It is hilarious because as time progressed his eye shrunk then the legs etc. At some points he had huge ears or abnormally large ears. This is what he looks like today! I know it is probably time to let him go but I want to keep him a bit longer.

During dinner my family loves to watch chopped. This episode had a left over theme. As I have mentioned before I seem to pause the tv when people have the weirdest faces.. I wanted to take a picture of the odd list of basket ingredients for you guys and this is the outcome. I know that the ingredient list isn't very clear so let me type it out for you. Keep in mind these are "left overs." Ice cream sundae, old bananas, stale tortilla chips, and already opened soda. All of these ingredients sound so blah don't they? But the chefs managed to create master pieces out of them. Just thought I would share this odd list with you guys.

This is the second and final warning. Do not continue on if you think you will get scared. It is honestly not that graphic. My picture IS blurry and sadly it IS the best photo I took of it. I have seen creepier photos in science books at school. You know, the picture of the baby chicken, turtle, human, etc. Get ready to sing in your best Dory voice!





Just keep scrolling





Just keep scrolling





Just keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling





What do we do?





We scrooooollllllllll...







I have had an urge to make cake pops but the weather has been keeping me from doing any more baking. Since it is night time and not as hot I decided to bake the cake so it will be fully cooled by tomorrow. So when I was cracking eggs the other day to make cinnamon rolls my mom told me to crack eggs in a separate bowl just in case it happens to be a bad egg. I thought she was crazyish, but I didn't tell her that..shhhh lol I just did what I was told and used a separate container to crack the eggs into one at a time. When I was cracking eggs for the cake I came across a "bad" egg. At first I was terrified but now I am so intrigued! Yes, I am odd. Along with the egg white and yolk an odd looking mass of stuff came sliding out of the shell. It caught my eye because there should NOT be any redish pink anything in an egg when you crack it open to bake with. I looked closer and saw this baby! Literally..a baby. If you look closely at my not so great photo, which I do apologize for, you can identify what would have developed into the head and body along with possibly eyes and a beak. I think that this looked more like a chicken than the pictures in the science books. Since it was so amazingly awesome I decided to freeze it.. My dad looked it up, and yes eggs can be frozenized (yes do laugh at me making up words lol). I put it in a small plastic throw away container. I intend to take it to show my biology and anatomy teachers when I tag along with my brother for his first day of school. I feel so lucky to get a bad egg. As odd as that may sound..I guess weird things amuse me. Sooooo moral of my disturbing story is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS crack your eggs into a separate container before adding them into your other ingredients!

I am so excited! Can't wait to show the teachers!

ALG





2 comments:

  1. First of all, ewwwww! Lol
    I had to laugh when you said you freezed it because that is so you!

    and I love watching Chopped too!
    wish they played it in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol frozenized? ikr. i am just so thrilled! i tend to write my posts at night and i can get a bit hyper

      Delete