Friday, July 12, 2013

Family Day

Hello everyone,

It rained last night. Not just a light mist or drizzle but like actual rain. I think the rain totally messed with my brain because I couldn't fall asleep till 1:40 am. Mom wanted us up by 9am so we could head over to Ontario Mills for our "family" day. We didn't leave till after 10:30am. My brother and mom stuck together while my dad and I went to shop. Our first stop was Bed Bath and Beyond. We bought popcorn chips in a white cheddar flavor. They were very tasty and I think I may like them better than chips.

I have been having a shoe fad I guess so we went into Off Broadway Shoes. As I have mentioned I have petite feet, size 5 usually, so the selection of shoes is often limited. I love to shop clearance because why pay so much for things when you can find great deals? To kill some time I tried on a bunch of clearance shoes. This pair of high heel boots interested me so much. Not sure why but I love them. I don't see how any woman can put herself through the pain of wearing them though. Plus they were originally $119 but marked down 50%. Them be some darn expensive painful shoes. Oh and yes those are my lovely calves. Jk they ain't lovely. I had to use the mirror on the side of the little bench to take my picture. I think this one lady thought I was such a weirdo. I also saw this pair. They are super super cute rocker/punk high heels. I think it is so cute how they have studded bows on the front. I would have worn them to take a picture but they were too big for my tiny feet.



Our family went to Rainforest Cafe for a late lunch. If you have ever gone out to eat with me then you know that I get a kids menu 98% of the time! Being petite maybe I can slide for a mature 12 year old lol not sure if SJ would agree though. In the picture above you can see the part that I colored while waiting for our food. I know it's not amazing but hey it is always dark in that restaurant! When the light flashed my mom was like hey I saw my food. My dad asked the manager for one water because my brother wanted water and the manager heard my dad wrong. He thought my dad said warm water so he came back with a mug of warm water. It was hilarious. If you have never been to Rainforest Cafe I took a picture of how colorful the bathroom is. You guys I am such a kid sometimes. I saw a little girl with a balloon animal and I was immediately like I need! So when the balloon animal guy came buy I was like I want one!! He made me this cute dogie that looks somewhat like Pluto. I got kind of upset when a worker at a store thought he was Scooby. I was like noooo....*sad face. I realize that after hearing SJ say sad face so much that I start to use it. I even say it when I am right in front of the person. As if he/she can't tell. So silly.


Our last stop was the Ghiradelli chocolate store. When you walk in, a worker hands you a sample of their chocolate. My brother and I got the caramel filled chocolate square. So yummy! My mom came in and went to the wall that had a wide variety of chocolate squares. The lady said that she couldn't buy them individually. The smallest size bag cost $12.50! I was like dang....I would have been like never mind chocolate then, but she wanted to fill a small bag. My brother got so excited he lunged for the bag so he could figure out how to put as many chocolate squares in it as possible. Together my brother and I managed to jam 29 chocolate squares into the small bag. We wana know what the record is for how many chocolate squares people have shoved into a small bag. After doing the math, each little square cost 43 cents each. I guess that's not too bad but dang why so much for chocolates? I got to keep a raspberry and a cookies and cream one. I love all raspberry chocolates I think..

When I get home from shopping outings I love to sit down and figure out how much I spent and saved. It was a light shopping day because I wasn't really in the shopping mood. I know a girl not in the shopping mood?? Out of all the stores we went to I bought two tops from Wet Seal and one from American Eagle. So here we go. The middle white, pink, and orange hoodie/pullover is from American Eagle. It is on the thinner side but I thought it was cute. I found it on the clearance rack for $19.99 with an additional 50% off. It was originally priced at $29.99 and I grabbed it for only $9.99 + tax of course. The sleeveless top on the left has heart shaped silver studs and the tank on the right had some clear gems along with circles in a heart shape. Guess today was a heart kind of a day. My dad and I found both of these on their buy one get one for 1 cent racks. The left one was $12.99, originally $16.90 and the right one was $19.99, originally $24.90. I really wish I found the left one in a small but I had to settle with a medium. So I got the left one for 1 cent and paid the clearance price for the right. Each top ended up being like $10 each after the sale. Not too bad for those two tops. So at the end of my shopping outing I saved approximately $33 and spent $32. Well my dad paid for my hoodie. Overall I think it was a pretty decent shopping day. Oh and before I forget, I saw a six pack of the twist in hair gems at Claire's. They wanted $9 for them! I made six of my own for less that that.

Sorry that this post was soooo long, but I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to read about mine.

Thank you again.

ALG

2 comments:

  1. I want to try the chocolate filling thing! And the black heels look really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I know I'm old but I really really would want a balloon dog too! Lol. Good job on all the shopping deals! :0)

    ReplyDelete