Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls...

What's up?

I wanted to have a nice slab of tofu for breakfast and I was so upset when I found a frozen chunk of tofu in the fridge. Our fridge loves to freeze things. It is quite annoying but I should have known better. Sooo instead of tofu I had this lovely assortment of foods. If you can't identify the items I have a nectarine, pb honey whole wheat toast, grape tomatoes, edamame, and a smoothie. I ended up using a spoon to eat my smoothie and even share it with my dogie. She loves smoothies!

 Today was the day I finally got to bake the amazingly yummy looking cinnamon rolls I've been craving. I was so looking forward to today. My brother and my mom got the ingredients yesterday so we wouldn't have to leave the house. Sad thing is we had to run to Vons AGAIN to go get the yeast cuz apparently the Vons people didn't bag it for them. So I went to Vons with my messed up hair and home clothes. I told my brother that people be thinking I'm a crazy person! My brother and mom helped my make the cinnamon rolls. The house was hot and I was sweating it out in the kitchen but I was determined to bake my cinnamon rolls! After an hour...or three the cinnamon rolls and cream cheese frosting were complete. Let me tell y'all, they were not as professional looking as April's but my mom said it makes em look more homemade. When I bake anything I always want the finished result to look appealing and taste super yummy. I must say I was dissapointed with my final result this time. It may be due to the high expectation I had for these cinnamon rolls but I'm not sure. They aren't gross but they are not amazingly awesome. My mom and brother and boyfriend seem to like them though. SJ tried to make me feel better about my baking by saying that he enjoyed it and that it wasn't bad at all. I will attempt to consume another one tomorrow. Maybe I will have a better experience..

My brother, mom, my dogie, and I went for a walk. It was a little less than three miles long and it took us a little less than an hour. Taking the dog with us we have to stop periodically to give her water or put her in her dogie stroller etc. She was jumping for joy, literally, when she knew we were going on a walk and taking her with us. I didn't think I'd survive the walk because of the squat challenge but I survived! Plus after the walk I did 100 squats and some other various exercises.

Dinner was tofu wraps that I created from scratch a few weeks ago but I decided I didn't feel like eating it in lettuce. So this was my dinner and while I was chewing my food I realized it kind of looked like a vegitarian version of a teriyaki bowl. Like the heavenly teriyaki chicken bowls from Costco! It consists of tofu smothered in sauce, peas, carrots, and a bit of rice.

SJ day tomorrow. We have voted on watching the Harry Potter series next so we shall watch a few of them tomorrow.

Hope you all enjoyed your day

ALG






2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having a super chill and fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your SJ Day and the Harry Potter series is good

    ReplyDelete