Sunday, July 7, 2013

Feeling Better

Hello there!

If you read the previous post I mentioned how I went night time swimming. Like most girls I a self conscious. No matter many times people tell me I am skinny I always see the layers of fat. Since I have image issues it has been a challenge to get myself into my bikini around anyone, even family. Plus the last time I wore a bikini was when I was like five. You know, that age when you don't care what you look like as long as you get cupcakes with extra sprinkles! Being a teenage girl I feel like there is so much pressure to look like the super thin fit models. Funny story, I ordered a new bikini top online from Delias on July 1st and the last time I ordered from them it took FOREVER to get my package. This time I got it yesterday. Perfect timing because SJ came to swim with me. I got a good deal on it too. It usually runs for $30 just for the top alone but I got it for $10. I just wish that the orange straps were more toward the front than the side of the top.

From the middle of May or so, I started getting really bad heat rash episodes. This may be TMI for some of y'all so you can skip this paragraph if you so desire. I get the rash on the back of my shoulders, the back of my neck, and around my collar bones. It is really ugly. The rash starts of redish pink with a few big lumps. Then the rash turns red and the lumps turn into small bumps. After a few days the bumps will start to dry up and scab over. The scabs fall off and the skin turns white, dry, and flaky. Plus along every stage it itches too. Then when you finally think it is all over and going away, the cycle starts all over again! It is so annoying! I feel like I can't show any of it or people may think I am a freak or that I have some disease. In attempts to soothe my rash I usually put frozen veggies like peas or corn on my rash, but the pool helped way better than frozen veggies! Yesterday the rash was red and bumpy and today it is almost skin color, just a tint of pink here and there. Think ima have to go back in the pool this evening!

Last night I had a horrible break down. I cried for over an hour I think. I realize that having my sister so far away from me makes facing emotional problems difficult. The time difference does not help with being available to communicate with each other either.

On the bright side of thing after that depressing bit, I finally fixed he pictures! SJ told me that I had it in the wrong format or something. I think that I am technologically challenged so yeaaaa...needed help from SJ. After he taught me what to do I fixed all the other pictures on the blog so all of my readers can view the pictures. So a big thank you to SJ!

Time for me to go help with groceries,

ALG

1 comment: