Monday, July 8, 2013

Got Pizza?

Hello again for today!

After a very healthy lunch, excluding the burrito, I cooked a not as healthy dinner. If you read my first post you know that I am a VERY picky eater. So whenever I look for new recipes I search kid friendly recipes on Google. The sad thing is that some of the kid friendly kind won't work for my pickiness. For dinner I made some pizzas! As if the title didn't give it away at all.. lolz


But wait...not just any pizza, I made English muffin pizzas! Yea that's right! (Sorry think I had too many gummy bears) You don't really need a recipe, but if any of you guys have questions feel free to ask. Personally I think pepperonis give off too much grease. So to take a bit of the icky grease out I throw a handful of them into a small pan on the stove. After they start to make popping noises I toss em on a plate and pat the excess grease off. You can see all of the lovely orange grease to the left. Can you imagine consuming all of that grease every time you eat a pepperoni? Plus these are the mini pepperonis!

My family members have different favorite toppings so I decided to make three different types. I made a pepperoni which has sauce then pepperoni then cheese. I did a double pepperoni which has extra pepperonis on top of the cheese as well as underneath the cheese. Lastly, I made my favorite which is pepperoni pineapple.

It took me a while to cook all of the pizzas because I was using the convection oven which only fit six at a time. I ended up making ten of them. To the left you can see two of each kind I made.

I don't like pizza that is really doughy or thick. I prefer thin crust or very crispy pizza. So using the English muffins was a big hit. They turned out quite crisp, not soggy. They didn't even taste like English muffins! Not that there is anything wrong with English muffins. To the right you can see what my dinner consisted of. My brother prepared all of the salads that we ate with dinner. I had salad, water, and two pizzas (one pepperoni and pepperoni pineapple). For those of you that know how I am with pizza, you know that for the picture I went easy on the parmesan cheese...yes I would consider myself a parmesan cheese monster. Like cookie monster!..but with cheese.

Talk to you all tomorrow for Taco Tuesday!

ALG



1 comment:

  1. This post reminded me of CPK! I love thin crust crispy pizzas too~!

    ReplyDelete