Monday, July 22, 2013

Knott's, Work, Picnic...Exhausted!

Hello everyone,

I appologize for not posting for the last two days. I know I only have a handful of regular readers but I feel like I am letting you all down by not posting. This is going to a very long post. Just a warning to you all reading this. So on Friday I went to Knott's with my mom, my brother, and his girlfriend. I do not like roller coasters or any ride that makes me feel sick soooo pretty much no rides for me. My mom and I walked around a lot and we went on a handful of rides. We watched a few of the shows and we looked in a lot of the shops. I would say we went into at least 97% of the stores there! This is one of the first rides we went on. Not a thrill ride but it is fun to sit on top of the horse drawn wagon. I must say that at times it was bumpy..and smelly because of the lovely presents the horses leave behind. We had to wait like half an hour to ride it because the people working the ride didn't have their acts together. It was fine though cuz in the end we got to sit where we wanted.

I looked online before we went to Knott's so I could see if there are any rides I wanted to go on. This is the ride I had to go on. It looks similar to the ride at Disneyland, but let me tell you that it is not the same ride. This one is not as smooth and it kind of gives you that weird feeling you get when you ride a roller coaster. I tried not to think about that feeling and just enjoy the view. It wasn't so bad in the end because I did enjoy the ride. My mom said it was scarier than xcelerator which I thought looked hella scarier than the swing ride.

I always get kids meals so guess what I got at Knott's? Yep, a kids meal. My mom and I actually shared it because we weren't all that hungry. My favorite part of getting the kids meal is this adorable Snoopie lunchbox! Isn't it awesome? A taco, two servings of rice, a boysenberry punch, AND a lunchbox! For $9.99 which is not bad for an amusement park right?



We walked around the shops leading up to the gate into the park and came across a bakery. There were so many things to choose from! Here's a picture of some of the things they had. My mom and I got cookies and a kronutt. The lady working at the bakery was a lot of fun too! She asked to see my lunchbox. I felt so special lol I have never heard of a kronutt till our day at Knott's. They had a variety of kinds but since we were at Knott's my mom chose the boysenberry one. Hopefully you guys can click the picture and read the description. When I first saw the boysenberry one I thought it had bacon bits on it! Turns out the "bacon bits" were just seeds...

Although we didn't go on many rides we had fun walking around, shopping, eating, trying stuffed churros, watching shows, and bothering my brother. I won a chameleon stuffed animal for my baby to play with. Plus my mom made sure we got her a small duckie stuffed animal to play with. My dogie loves them both. She was running around the house with them and wrestling them. A good way to end a Friday night.



So Saturday I had work. Yaaaaayyyy...kind of. I get scared easily and the building I have to clock-in at is creepy. It is almost always empty. It's as if nobody else works there. There are a lot of different rooms and windows and hallways and staircases. Plus the lights are never on. Only like three lights that don't even light up the building are on. I would think they would have censored lights but nooooo. Being petite I am always afraid of someone sneaking up on me and like attacking me I guess. Since I'm so tiny not sure how well I could protect myself against a big strong guy. So I was pretty much the only one in the building for a good 20 minutes til my coworker showed up. He told me some spooky stuff about the building which did NOT help me AT ALL! He said how doors would suddenly be wide open after he closed them and how he would hear noises. I think working in the day time would be better for me, but most of the events end in the evening soooo I am out of luck there. I think I squeaked at least 10 times when I went back to clock-out. I even hurt myself because I was so tense and I walked into something. My legs were shaking too!! Best part of working was the revolving door at CPK! Our boss told us to take an hour and a half break so my coworker and I decided to go to CPK for our break. Good times..


I attended an annual Japanese club picnic today. This time was more special than the rest because I was being awarded with two scholarships along with the other 13 teens. After we were dismissed from the stage I was asked to stay because I was being awarded with a gift card for running/planning their undokai for many years. I didn't expect much but I ended up with a $100 gift card..on top of the scholarships! Then I also got third prize which was $100! It's funny because my cousin actually pulled my ticket from the big barrel full of tickets. On top of that my grandma won the plant I wanted and she let me take it home! So I came home with a lot more than I expected.

When my family attends the picnic we always come back all sweaty and sticky and gross but this time it was so cold! Plus this year we let another family take over the undokai races but I still had to help out. The girl doing the races needed quite a bit of help and it looked like a disaster. I couldn't stand by and watch so I helped her out. I also got to help my aunt and my cousin do shaved ice. My family helped them too. We had a little system of who does which job. Some people asked for the weirdest flavor combos like lime and watermelon or red bean and lime or root beer and banana, etc. This was my favorite one. I like to mix it all together then let it sit and melt a bit before I dig in. So yummyful..











I wasn't as tired after a whole day at Knott's as am I right now. I need me some beauty sleep.

Sleep well!

ALG

2 comments:

  1. This post just made me hungry again!
    The picnic sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun this time. Usually it is stressful and boring but this time was a lot of fun

      Delete