Thursday, July 11, 2013

Chicken Curry

Good evening (insert your name here)

I was supposed to get up between 7 and 9 but I didn't get out of bed till 10:40. Although I felt guilty about sleeping in I enjoyed sleeping in. My aunt and cousin came over today. We went to Walmart, Payless, and Dollar Tree.

I have been wanting to make something like this http://www.turquoiseweddings.co.uk/tiaras/HairSpirals.htm . I have had the wire to make them for quite some time now but I could never find cheap gems. The gems I saw at Michael's were like $5. I found these gems in the clearance section. Guess how much they cost? I thought it was a great deal because they were only 50 cents. So I made six DIY hair gems. They may not look like the ones you can buy at the mall but they are just fine for me.
















The last time I went to Payless I got a cute pair of sandals. This time I got a pair of wedges. I always seem to have the same problem with shoes that have straps. My ankles and feet aren't very wide so most shoes are too loose for me. Surprisingly these shoes are close to perfect. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I have issues with heels but these ones feel so comfortable. Plus they were on sale for $19.99 instead of $24.99. I know, not that huge of a price difference but after using what I had left on a gift card I only paid $2.88. Not bad for a cute pair of shoes right?

After we got back it was time to start cooking dinner. My aunt helped me cook chicken curry, my brother prepared the salads, and my cousin set the table. The chicken curry consisted of onions, peas, carrots, potatoes, and curry mix all over nice warm rice. Being the picky eater that I am, I made sure that my serving had no onions in it. Is it weird that I can't stand onions but I will eat onion rings? Then again I only eat the skinny onion rings since they have less onion lol

My cousin has been taking swimming lessons so she wanted to swim after dinner. The water was so cold that I was tempted to say hey how bout we call it a day and go back inside. I could tell that she wanted to stay out so I very slowly inched my way into the water. I had my back to where the sun was hiding behind the clouds so I almost missed the beautifully colored sky. I turned around and saw these amazing colors. My hands were wet from being in the pool so I asked my dad to take this picture for me so I could share it with all of you.

I recently created a Facebook page and I know what you are all thinking: that there is something wrong with me for barely getting one. Well either way, I keep getting friend requests. The weird thing is that this guy I haven't even seen since a good 5 years ago sent me a friend request. I used to have a crush on him too. I would blush when he would look at me. Even when he was probably looking at someone behind me. So random for him to send a friend request...

I will talk to you tomorrow. I have a day of shopping tomorrow that will probably make my sore calves hurt even more. I am hoping to find a cute pair of Hello Kitty glasses or maybe some stuff for college.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

ALG

2 comments:

  1. Ok...I must be clueless, have no idea what those hair gems are or how they work. Lol. I know I am slow! But if you are looking for gems did you try downtown? Parking has its issues but they have really good stuff there for crafting...before I used to get a lot for crafting stuff cuz of the good prices there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always so creative! The shoes just scream you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete