Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 1: Off To NorCal

Hi guys,

I am currently sitting in a Starbucks in Red Bluff wearing a hoodie! Why would that be weird? Because it has been 110 degrees for a while now. Seriously I feel like I am melting when 3pm hits.

So let's rewind a bit. Monday I finished packing up my suitcase, said goodbye to the baby, and headed to the airport. Doesn't she look adorable in my suitcase? Or scaredish? As usual, I flew Southwest out of Ontario. From he drop off curb to the gate I had no problems. Security goes by incredibly fast for an airport. The problem came when we were supposed to be boarding. My flight was scheduled to board at 10 and take off at 10:30. It wasn't until maybe 10:15 that the A group got to line up. They stood there for quite a while might I add. When I finally sat down in my seat and we were ready for take off it was 11. I don't like when flights are late.

Anyhow, I arrived in Sacramento and Schatzi's mom was there to
drive me up. Kind of silly that the drive from the airport to the house is longer than the actual plane ride. When we got into town she took me to the grocery store so I could pick up a few things to hold me over for a few days. By the time we got to the house Schatzi would be home in a few hours. It was HOT so I had to change and sit in front of the swamp cooler and simply color. Once he got home we said hi and decided on dinner. Schatzi took me to a pizza place in town where we had a very fresh yummy BBQ chicken pizza.

When we got back home he had me clear off the dinning room table so he could give me something. He had baked me a cake! Chocolate cake with lots of sprinkles. It was adorable. He got the cake, lit a candle in it, and sang the happy bday song to me as he brought it and placed it on the table in front of me. The cake may have had a few hiccups, but it still tasted delicious! I love how we used the sprinkle containers like people use salt (which we both thought at the same time).

He prompted me to open the gift he WRAPPED. Can you guess what he got me?? I couldn't guess. He got me a Fitbit! Of course he spent too much money on my gift, but I do like my gift. Now I can check the time whenever I want at work, I can track my steps and miles, I can do a lot. Being as special as I am, I had problems trying to snap it on my wrist. As he was assisting me he stopped and asked "This doesn't count as jewelry does it?" Nice try! Sadly no it does not qualify as jewelry. Schatzi waters the lawn at night so I followed and sat outside with him. Pretty view right?

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment