Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 8: ** Happy Fourth Of July **

Happy 4th!

We slept in and I think got some decent sleep. I layed in bed a bit longer while he was out in the house. He came in saying he was making some eggs and if I would want any? I paused a second and he suggested cereal which I happily agreed to. I was half asleep but knew I should probably get up since breakfast wouldn't take that long to put together. The door opened again and very sleepily I blindly looked up and quickly said I know I know I'm coming. He told me to calm down and just sit up lol It was actually a lot funnier than it should have been. When I calmed down and finally sat up and looked at him he was holding a bowl of cereal for me! I sat up but the pillows weren't built up enough so very kindly he put an extra pillow behind me. I thought him bringing me my breakfast, helping me up, and giving me my glasses with a big smile was super sweet! That totally made my morning and day!

He made the dish to take to his parents and I kind of just chilled. Man in the kitchen. Not that I expect him to cook for me or anything like that, but it's nice that he does cook (oh you'll see how much I suck at it later). He made bacon wrapped smokies and they were delish!

We packed up and off we went with Caesar too. Look how big he is in the car!

I suck at taking a photo that represents the road, but you get the idea. The ride to his parent house once you make the left turn up is really peaceful. Looking out the window you can see some cows, horses, chickens, etc. There are also a lot of trees and hills up here. Very different than home near LA but a good different! I kind of feel like a different person being in Red Bluff. It's a bit difficult to explain but it is kind of like when I was going to UCSD.


The little ones were in the pool when we got there so we went and joined em. Not sure if you can see but those blowup punching dealies are the ones I gave them last year! The kids, and Schatzi took turns trying to punch each other off the step. Yes, this 6'1" man was beating on these tiny 5 year olds. They all had fun though and I even got in on the action! Let me just say these little guys hit HARD for their size! I enjoyed playing with the kids and being in the pool.

Dinner, which again I didn't take a photo of because I am a genius, I had some potato salad, a hotdog, some little smokies, and pudding. You can't have a 4th of July without a hotdog! Right?

Hope you guys had a pretty bomb 4th of July!

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment