Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Thrifting + Casa Jimenez

I'm bloated,

Today my mom and I decided we would be adventurous and visit a few thrift stores, eat at one of our old favorite restaurants, and try a new drink/ice cream place. Our first stop was a place called 2nd Chance. This thrift store had photos of dogs and cats that are up for adoption on the wall and they donate to the shelter. We were relieved when we walked in and felt cool. It was almost 100 degrees outside! This store had clothes, books, purses, household items, jewelry
, a room of art, etc. Out of all the items I looked through I bought a pair of skirt overalls. He used to tease/make fun of me for wanting to wear overalls, but I found a pair that look stylish so I don't look anything like a farmer. If anything I look like a school girl.


Off to the second thrift store, Deeluxe. I have actually been in this store before, but only doing my summer job so I haven't had a chance to look around. They had a sale rack outside along with cute blue star balloons. This store has less of a thrift store vibe and more of a department store vibe. Also for being a thrift store their clothes are a bit pricey. Either that or I am cheap when it comes to buying clothes for myself... Anyhow I did buy this pair of shorts. I never ever have liked the ripped denim look, but I figured now is a good time for changes. I like that this pair of shorts is long so I can feel comfortable about the amount of skin showing.


I tried on this dress just for fun after putting it back on the rack. It was a bit difficult putting my head through the neck hole because it was so tiny! I rarely if ever wear tight clothing so when I saw myself in the mirror I did not like how I looked. I am always upset when I see the pudge of fat at the lower half of my tummy area. After wearing the dress for a minute I decided I actually looked really good (opinion of course)! Silly me didn't buy it though. My thoughts were it was too tight to be practical for me, I wouldn't be able to sit and look thin, and I wouldn't be able to eat which is probably most important. Now that I am looking at the photo I realize I should have bought that dress even though I have nothing and nowhere to wear it to and it will probably sit in my closet for months.

Our third and final thrift store was huge. We parked in a strangle little parking lot in the back with barbed wire, and when we entered the store we both felt overwhelmed. There were people, clothes, junk everywhere! We walked the perimeter of the store because the amount of disorganized clothing was stressing us out. I did find this rather interestingly titled book. We decided it was time we go eat instead of trying to tackle the mess.

Many years ago we used to have a Casa Jimenez Mexican restaurant down the street from our home. We would go almost once a week and the waitress knew our names, drink orders, and could usually predict our meal orders as well. Unfortunately they closed down a few years ago and we were so sad. A city or two over we found another one and we were so excited to have the yummy Mexican food once again!

Most people know I order the same thing at all Mexican restaurants, rice, beans, and flour tortillas. This time I changed it up! I went with the all you can eat option. I can't eat THAT much, but I did want variety. We started off with chips and the BEST salsa ever! My mom got enchiladas with beans and rice. I got a small salad, beef taquitos, a bean and cheese burrito, a cheese enchilada, rice, and beans. I love my rice so I ordered another serving of rice. I can't say I finished it all but I did eat most of the enchilada, my burrito, the rice, a taquito, and some of that sour cream! My mouth is watering thinking of that food. I want to go back already!

Can you believe after all that food I still wanted more?? My mom and I drove back toward home and tried a new drink/ice cream place we had recently learned about. Most places that carry these types of drinks they carry boba as an option to add to the drink. Oddly enough this place didn't offer boba! Instead they had something called crystal bits. They are so bizarre! A cross between boba and lychee jellies but with a taste of brown sugar. We got a sample and I honestly couldn't tell if I liked them or not. My mom on the other hand seems to be in love with these crystal bits. I still don't know if I like them or not! I got this beauty which is a mix of matcha and horchata. It had a stronger cinnamon flavor than matcha, but not bad. They have a lot of choices on their menu so we will definitely have to go back and try them again! Not to mention they even spelled my name right!!

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment