Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lash Extensions Second Try

Hey,

Not sure who reads these, if anyone does, but if you've been here a while you know I have tried lash extensions in the past. If you didn't know, no worries, you can check it all out here. I decided to give lash extensions another try. It's been on my mind for a month or two, but the most recent unfortunate events have convinced me to treat myself. I did buy a Living Social deal so after tip I spent $50 on what was supposed to be $70 for new clients and $150 for others. The $50 sounds like a lot until put next to those prices. Although I will admit I had a hard time justifying spending that much money on lash extensions.

This is my before. They are hard to see and I even curled them so they should be more visible.

Here's the after! At first, like in most of my beauty type services, I was not sure if I was happy with the look. I felt that the lashes were too long and too full for my every day natural look aka no makeup and home clothes. Now that it is a day later as I type this I have had time to look at them and get a better feel for the newest additions to my face. I love how they make me look! I haven't been the happiest camper lately and I feel that having the lash extensions open my eyes and make me appear more friendly and happy. I am considering going back in two weeks for a fill which is priced at $40. Living Social did send me a $5 voucher to use if I go back though, and I just received an email from the owner saying I will be given 10% off my next service. Both are great because I get to save some money and not feel as guilty or crazy for spending that kind of money.

The downs to having these lash extensions would be not being able to wash my face like normal, no oil based makeup remover, not able to rub/itch my eyes, wearing glasses/sunglasses feels awkward, my eyes felt very irritated the hours following the service and a bit the following day, and they are pricey. I do like that I can look like I put a lot of effort into getting ready to face the day by taking less than five minutes to apply natural eye shadows. I've got a lot of thinking to do before I go back. I'll let you guys know if I go back though so keep an eye out!

On a tangent I had this almost rainbow colored lunch! In an attempt to be healthier and more conscious of my food choices I had banana chips, cherry tomatoes, mango, blueberries, edamame, asparagus, and baked yam. Isn't it pretty?? Too bad I stuffed my face with chips and chocolate later that night to try to prevent myself from reaching out to him. Plus I didn't even workout! I'll be back on track soon.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment