Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day 16: The LAST Full Day

Hi guys,

I can't say that I woke up very happy yesterday. I did get up with enough time to get decent to take Schatzi to work for the last time. I had to really think about what to do with my day. It was not easy! I grabbed some donut holes, went to the gas station, and then back to his house. I kind of just sat there slowly eating and zoning trying not to think too hard about the moment in time.

I decided I would sit outside and enjoy the scenery for a bit while keeping the baby company. I also got to talk to my mom on the phone for a bit. I did attempt to blog, but I failed at that.

Eventually I got off my lazy butt and went to Schatzi's parent's house. I wasn't so sure that I would make all the correct turns so I did gps directions to the house. I will admit that my phone took me on a different route than I've taken to their house. I did get to see a bunch of horses, goats, sheep, cows, etc on the way to the house.

His mom and I made our way down to the pool and she even managed to get me out on a raft. Back home our issues at the pool consist of wasps, bees, and maybe a dead lizard at the pool every once in a while. At this pool we had beetles, bees, may baby lizards holding on the side of the tiles, and a frog! Not a small frog either! I did get sun burnt, but it was worth laying out and relaxing. His mom and I had some deep conversations, shed some tears, hugged and I was off to pick Schatzi up from work.





I was driving toward the gate leaving his parent's house and I started to cry. The truth is I didn't want to say goodbye to his parents and their house.

Picked up Schatzi from work and we hung out at his house for a while before we were back in the car on our way to the movies. Before coming up here I had told him that I wanted to see You Before Me with him, but of course it was out of theaters by the time I got here. He did say he wanted to watch Tarzan so I agreed to go see it with him. Wow ticket prices were nothing compared to the prices back home. $10 for us both to see the movie and $9.50 for popcorn and soda. As for the movie, it was a lot better than I had thought it would be! I kind of forgot it was a Disney movie. I'm glad I gave in and went to see it with Schatzi. It was a really good movie and what I think was our last date.


When we got back Schatzi moved the sprinkler and we played with Caesar. I knew that I wanted to play with him while I still could. He's fun to run around with and play tug of war. Schatzi and I sat outside a while together before going inside to finish up our night. Mac n cheese for a quick dinner while watching the Warriors then off to bed. I did not sleep well at all last night. I think I was fearing the end coming and reality when I would wake.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment