Friday, July 15, 2016

Updated Sushi Bar

Hey guys,

I woke up today at 6:15. 6:15! That is so early for old me. I did manage to fall back asleep for about an hours worth of sleep. When I finally got up I felt exhausted which is not how you want to feel when you first wake up in the morning. I was excited enough about going to revolving sushi with my mom that I got my lazy sad butt moving.

Wow the restaurant has changed quite a bit! The sushi comes around on the belt in domes that look slightly space age. There are actually two belts, one where the sushi constantly moves through the restaurant and one that delivers your order right to your table. Pretty cool improvement!

Once done with our plates we slid them into a slot in the table for the system to count toward our bill. My mom did point out that it gets dirty easily and it's probably difficult to clean in the slot and slide.

Just a few of the plates we snagged off the belt. I think I always get the same plates. I grab the fish eggs, tamago, manju, iniri, and sesame balls.

We decided to try an item both new to us and their menu. This is soy donuts! I think they were fried fresh because they were crisp and warm. Not bad actually! Not sure if it was worth $3.50 but glad we tried the new item. When we were done and ready to pay the gentleman had charged us wrong. My mom and I looked at the receipt and did the math in our heads for the items we had consumed. The guy basically was charging us an extra ten dollars. We brought it to his attention and he quickly fixed the receipt. A lady brought the new receipt back to our table and turns out they took the soy donuts off our check for the inconvenience! I'm not one to demand free food but I can definitely admit free food is pretty awesome in these situations.

Since we were at the mall we went to Godiva to redeem our monthly piece and see if there was anything new out. We got to try a sample of this raspberry rose chocolate. I love the detail on the top of the small piece of chocolate. This may be one of my new favorite pieces, next to the raspberry star of course.

Oh right I said I would tell you guys how the movie was! I really enjoyed the movie. I think my go to movies are romantic comedies, but I also enjoy action type movies. London Has Fallen held my attention and made me jump in my seats quite a few times. Well worth the $2.16 I spent to rent the DVD. I did get bummed after the movie because I thought about how he and I could have watched that movie and I think he would have enjoyed it as well.

I have been reminded of him all day. The scent of my clothes that we washed up there before I left remind me of him, my Fitbit, certain hours of the day, a lot of things. So after my dad and I returned the movie I got on the treadmill. My legs do feel a tad bit sore and I am proud of myself for reaching 15,000 steps for today. I didn't have any energy left for any other exercise so I called it a night. I won't be terribly surprised if I find myself staying up till 2am out of routine for him to come home from work and enjoy his company.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment