Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day 11: Starbucks + Tacos

Finally!

This is being written on the actually day the content occurred on. It's about time right?

This morning I stayed in bed as usually then shortly after nine I started my day. I made a phone call for Schatzi which the outcome surprised me. He has a Pyrex dish that has a lid that doesn't fit quite right. Thing is he got this many years ago. I called and to my surprise the lady on the phone told me that he should receive a new dish with a new red lid in 7-10 business days. No need for receipt or photo proof or anything! Not bad. After that call I had breakfast, did the dishes, cleaned the counter, swept the floor, and cut up lettuce for the first time! I can't believe I have gone through 21 years without ever cutting up lettuce. I really hope I cut it the way he likes it cut because there's no way fixing this. (btw I did cut it "wrong")

You guys already know but I then went to Starbucks and have been here ever since. Not too messy right? Hey! I just saw Schatzi go by on his bike. I still can't believe he rides to and from work. I'd be out of energy or too lazy to do it.

I ordered an iced tall green tea soy latte. A handful of minutes later when I checked if it was ready a worker told me that they were out of matcha. Oh no!! It's really not that big of a deal but I didn't know what else to order. She offered to make me something else or refund my money. I opted for a vanilla latte and look what she made me! Holy cow that is an awful lot of drink. Sad to think that this venti drink is only $1.50 more than my tall drink. That's crazy though I mean my small drink is so expensive! Thank goodness I don't make this a habit. I have to pack up and head back to his house, but I'll write the rest of this post later!

Alright, I'm back! Schatzi got working on the chicken for the tacos. It was a lot of chicken! Once he finished the chicken he turned to me and told me I was up! I got out the cheese, ketchup, sriracha, sour cream, lettuce, tortillas, and beans out. He likes to lightly fry his tortilla so when he asked me if I wanted mine fried I said sure why not. Glad I tried it fried because it definitely took the tacos to another level! Looks yummy huh? His looked way better, probably because he had more filling and colors than mine.

I did the dishes and he got on top of watering. Then off to the shower I went so we could get ready to watch Heavy Weights! Kind of a random movie to watch right? Well, for years now, Schatzi has been saying "Do it to it Lars" to me which is a quote from this movie. Pretty funny movie if you ask me.









Half way through or so we had ice cream. More like he got me my It's-It so he could tease me for being a fatty! Of course he was only teasing and ate him a bit later. Never heard of these ice cream sandwiches until maybe a month ago when Schatzi told me about how amazing they were. Vanilla ice cream between two oatmeal cookies with a chocolate shell on the outside! Any chocolate covering ice cream need to have a good crunch and this definitely had a nice snap. The cookies were really yummy too with a hint of cinnamon. Wonder if they sell that back home.

Overall, a relaxing fun day.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment