Friday, July 22, 2016

San Francisco (day 1)

Hi hi,

I have traveled a good amount over the years, but I have never planned, paid, and followed through with a trip without any family. Recently I have been feeling like I am doing nothing with my life. I do a decent enough job when it comes to saving money and I decided it was time I do something. My new friend and I had talked about maybe going to San Diego for a night or two (later in our relationship), but I had a better idea. He received some bad news and I decided to attempt to be spontaneous. I asked him to go to San Francisco with me at the end of the week. I thought he would be hesitant for a few reasons, but he agreed.

While we were planning the trip I couldn't help but feel like it wasn't happening. I asked him on September 6th if he wanted to go and September 7th I booked the hotel. September 9th came and we went to rent a car for the trip. We rented it under his name since I am not 25 years or older and didn't feel like paying an extra $10 a day.

Luckily he agreed to do most of the driving. Wasn't sure how being stuck in a car with him for over six hours, but it was all good. Once we got into the city I realized how living in my city is nothing like the city city. Super tall buildings, crazy traffic, tons of people, etc.

After a long day being on the road we unpacked a bit and headed to Japan town. This bridge reminded me of the bridge in the movie Spirited Away.



We walked around some stores, and stopped at a small place for dinner. Can't say it was the roomiest place, but I did enjoy my dinner.


We both curry for dinner. Although, I will admit that his looked a lot more fancy than mine. We've never seen someone put parm on curry.

Pretty interesting place. So many bottles, books, and small figurines/toys.

It was kind of surreal being in a city when on any normal day I would probably be in home clothes on the couch watching Family Feud. We headed back to the hotel to plan for our first full day in the city.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment