Friday, July 22, 2016

Korean Lunch Lady

Hey,

I decided I would bleach and color my whole head. I have been considering the change for a few months, but I was never brave enough to go through with the change. I may have also thought that the boyfriend at the time would dislike the hair change so I put it off. It was time though! I did some research and asked around for any tips for bleaching and coloring. I found that to help prevent some of the damage I could apply coconut oil to my hair prior to the bleaching process. It was also supposed to help protect my scalp from burning. Luckily my mom helped rub coconut oil into my hair and scalp. Having such a large amount of coconut oil in my hair was funky feeling. Bye bye black hair.

My aunt helped me by applying the bleach to my hair to make sure I didn't miss any spots. It took a little over an hour! Since my hair has been messed with for so many years the result was not pretty at all. All the new growth near my scalp was a bright orange color, I still had that gross green color, some parts were still black, and some of the tips were almost see through/creamy looking.





I know I am supposed to wait a few days if not weeks before another bleaching session but I was impatient and could not go long with my hair looking like a hot mess. So my aunt and I went back to bleaching my hair. This time we put a shower cap on my head while we waited for my hair to lighten. We were busting up though because we thought I looked like a Korean lunch lady lol Not a bad color though.

May have left it in for a bit longer than I wanted, but here's the end result! Not the best job, but it was better than before. The hair near my roots were still a bit dark orange/copper and the rest was light blond/yellow.










I disliked the color at first, but when I had to go to the gym the next morning I was starting to get used to the new look. I actually thought about being a blond for a while. I think if the coloring on the top was a bit smoother I would have embraced the blond for a week or more.

Even as I sit here typing this post I kind of regret not leaving my hair blond.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment