Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Lovely Lizard

Good mornin!

I would like to share an interesting story with you. This story starts off with me realizing I have to pee lol yes I said pee. So as usual, I walk into my bathroom, shut the door, etc. Once I am sitting on the oval office I look at the floor across from me and see a critter! This has happened to me many times in the past. The only difference is that what I saw was not a spider, an earwig, or a pill bug. It was a lizard!! Once I realized what was staring at me, I lifted my feet off the ground (as if this would save me from the beast). I also let out a scream..my mom said I scared my dog. I normally just get a tissue to squish a small bug or use tape to tape bigger bugs to the floor but this time I had no idea what to do. I knew I did not want to kill or injure the lizard in any way so I decided to take the bag out of our small trash can and put it over the lizard.

Before I could put my plan in action, the lizard scurried out under the door. Of course I flipped out. So after doing my business, I quickly rushed out of the bathroom holding the trashcan steady in my hands. You know how
critters like to crawl in the crack where the wall meets the floor? Well that is exactly where the lizard was -.- I didn't want to risk cutting off one of his legs so I kept my eye on him in hopes that he would come away from the wall. He stayed along the wall then climbed up onto where my mom keeps her weights. I waited for him to come out to the carpet but I didn't see him any longer. I crouched down to get a better look and of course he had to be staring right at me! So I screamed/squealed and jumped back. After trying to coax him out from under some weights I managed to trap him under the trashcan.

I will admit that I have trapped multiple things under bowls, pails, cups, etc. So I know that they can sometimes magically find a way out. I didn't want him getting out and scaring me again so I put some weights on top of the trashcan to hold it down.

Chester does magic tricks! He is balancing a water droplet on his head!
Later in the evening, my dad managed to move the lizard from the floor into a plastic fishbowl. Don't worry, the lizard was not thrown into the fishbowl by any means. I wanted to get a better, and safer view of the little guy. My dad put some dirt, rocks, and sand into the bowl. I also added a nice little water bowl for him. Turns out he is very cute! I think I have actually become attached to him. sadly mom says I have to put him back outside later today. I know it's for the best though because we have no idea what type he is. B-Hong (from the classes post) told me I should name the lizard. It was hilarious when the first name he suggested was my dad's name! In the end, B-Hong and I agreed on the name Chester. I think it suits the little guy.

Well I hope yo enjoyed my lovely lizard bathroom story!

ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment