Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cheeseburger Egg rolls?

Hey there,

I know that egg rolls are supposed to have some sort of meat and cabbage and carrots, etc. I decided to make cheeseburger egg rolls along with some teriyaki (for some odd reason teriyaki looks like it is spelled wrong...) tofu egg rolls for dinner. My family and I are trying to consume less carbs, sugars, fat, etc so I thought baking the egg rolls would save us from oil and greasiness. Trying to make two different egg rolls that require so much work is quite difficult. I invited SJ for dinner so had a bit of help from him. I was running around the kitchen like a chicken with its head chopped off lol They were supposed to look like this, but I didn't want to add the sesame seeds. My egg rolls looked naked.. My mom told me that she didn't think she would like them, but ended up being surprised by them. She dipped the cheeseburger egg rolls into a mix of ketchup and mustard. I was afraid that there would be too much meat and not enough carb, but nobody seemed to complain. I ate the tofu egg rolls and had some teriyaki sauce to dip it in. Not bad for not having much of a recipe lol

Turns out we only had two egg rolls left, one of each. I thought nobody would eat them and that I would eventually have to throw them out but apparently my brother ate them for breakfast. My mom was even looking for leftovers in the fridge for lunch today. Glad they liked what I whipped together! Maybe I will have to make them again.

ALG

2 comments:

  1. Yay! it's the post I've been waiting for!
    What did you put in the cheeseburger eggrolls?
    They sound super bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they have ground beef, red onion, worcestershire sauce sauce, and cheese. oh and salt and pepper..think that's it. of course you could use veggie burger stuffs and im sure it would still be great!

      Delete