Sunday, August 18, 2013

Long Beach?

Hello...Long time no read? lol

My job has been very confusing and annoying due to my boss' unorganized way of doing things. She is only in the office a few days out of the week. She never texts or emails me my work info. She rarely gives me more than a four day notice for work. The worst thing is that she always gets her dates confused. Soooo long story short I was supposed to work Thursday, but she called me Tuesday sating I am working Wednesday not Thursday. I told her she signed me up for Thursday but she denies it. I said okay I will work Wednesday because she said no work on Thursday. Wednesday she asked me if I could work Friday, Saturday, or Sunday or more. I said yes to Friday and Saturday. Then Thursday evening rolls around and I am cooking dinner when my phone starts to vibrate. My boss was calling me to ask if I was on my way into the office because I was already 15 minutes late. I told her she said I was only working Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. She said nooooo I am working Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I assume you are as confused as I was when I got that call. She kept telling me that she never had me down for the days I was claiming to have agreed to. So I asked my dad to finish cooking dinner for me while I raced up stairs to change. My mom even stopped working to take me to work. As I was putting my shoes on in the car, my boss calls saying "Oh don't worry about coming in. It is getting too late." My mom was furious! I was pissed too! So in the end I lost two days I could have worked. Those two days equal to about $80-100 I could have made. All of this because she can't organize and do her job.

I have recently become a driver for my job. This means that I drive the company vehicle to an event and back. A few days ago I drove a Jeep Cherokee. On Friday I drove a Taho..that car was HUGE!I do not like to drive and driving this car was not the best thing.. I got to work at two and tried to mentally prepare myself to drive to Long Beach which is about an hour drive away. Luckily my boss printed me out directions so my coworker could read them to me in the car. I also borrowed my mom's GPS. Remember, I am only 5 foot so I must have looked rather odd driving such a monstrous vehicle. It took about an hour to drive there. There was stop and go traffic on the way there. When Jordan, my coworker, and I arrived at the event we were told that the LA County Fair was not on her list, that the lady we were to give a $1,600 check to was sick and therefore absent, and that we had to wait to get a parking pass or pay $10. So Jordan and I had to try to work things out to get a booth while we waited for our pass. He and I expected to get there, unload all the boxes, and park the car.

I feel like there so many road bumps on our journey that day. Eventually he and I got to set up at an open booth. After setting up we had to drive a block away to park the car and walk all the way back. It wasn't even 5 pm and we were sweating like pigs. The event, a BBQ fest, went smooth and I got to try a hotato! A hotato is a swirled potato on a stick.. I chose the bacon and cheddar flavor! It was quite tasty and I got it for free because they knew I was a vendor. They were so nice!

Here's one of the BBQ stands. There were quite a few of them. Well no duh lol but still.

We were supposed to leave the event at 10 pm but we left later than that. The drive home wasn't bad, but I could tell I was getting very tired. Good news is we got back to work safely, bad news is we were locked out of the building. After trying multiple doors, we walked over to security asked for help. A nice security lady let us into the building and it was 12:05 am when I finally clocked out. It was a very long day. I must say I never want to be driving at 11 pm from Long Beach!

ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment