Monday, August 19, 2013

A Day Of Relaxation

Hi friends,

Yesterday SJ and I went out for the first time in over two weeks. Our day started at 9 am when we met at Starbucks. I got my favorite sandwich and he got a ham and swiss. We didn't talk much though. I think we were too busy enjoying our yummy sandwiches! After Starbucks we swung by my house so I could pack some goodies and jump into his car. I decided that neither of us should have to spend a ton of money or time prepping food for the picnic so I found a coupon for KFC. When I was younger I had a bad incident with KFC. I got really sick and I never wanted to go back, but I figured I should give it another chance. So there we were ordering our KFC meals that ended up costing about $6 total for the two of us. Not bad right? We each got two pcs of chicken, a side, a biscuit, and a drink. I wanted to surprise SJ so the night before our date I made another cheesecake flan. My mom even baked some Japanese sweet potatoes just for him!

We got to the park and found a spot in the shade to set up. The grass was slightly damp though so I had a few wet patches on my booty..they eventually dried lol When I showed him the goodies I brought his face lit up. To be honest, I was the one that requested our next date be a picnic. I just wanted some time to be outside and relax. Here's what I saw while I was on my back at the park. It is not the best picture, but watching the breeze blow through the trees was so calming. I felt as if all my problems had disappeared . . .

SJ wanted to go back to his place sooner than I had hoped. So we packed up and as we walked back to the car I took a photo of the area we had our picnic at.

We are still on the Harry Potter series so when we got to his house we watched the fourth movie. I realized that this movie had very little footage of the main characters actually in school. The movie was like 95% tournament. I feel like it was an odd Harry Potter movie. I will admit that I once was obsessed with Hermione's ball dress. Almost ordered one back when the movie first came out. The day ended with a quick drive thru Starbucks for their $2 cold grande drink promotion. I got myself a green tea latte. Good stuff.

Thank you for a rather relaxing day SJ and I hope you are feeling a bit better.

ALG

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys were able to relax. You both deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Are there any picnic areas in Japan? I don't recall seeing any..let alone any calm areas besides shrines lol

      Delete