Monday, December 14, 2015

The Walk (day 4)

Hi,

I decided to do a bit of cleaning and then take a walk. I couldn't go a whole week in such a beautiful place without enjoying the outdoors. Schatzi had put Caesar's leash on the key hook for me so I could take the dog on the walk.

The walk was very different than a walk back home would have been. First off there is no sidewalk. We walked on the side of the road where all the loose gravel was except when there were no cars, then we walked in the road a bit. The first animals we saw were three deer. Yes, deer! Sorry about the photo, but they were far away.



As we walked further I felt a bunch of eyes on me. Looked on the other side of the road and there we saw cows! How often can I walk around home and see cows looking at me? Caesar and I walked on over toward them and he began to whimper. He really is such a baby. All he wanted to go was go play with them.

We kept going on down the road. Down a turn I spotted this guy! It was so cute because he came right up to the fence and put his head over! I wanted to walk up and pet him, but as we got closer Caesar wanted to play.

We backed up a bit and saw this horse up the hill! I love horses! I miss going horseback riding, but I know I'll do it again eventually.

Our walk was about an hour long. As we were walking a few cars passed us by. I had to stop every time I heard a car coming so I could ground my feet just in case Shatzi's dog decided to chase the cars. What I thought was also different than back home was that every person that drove by smiled and waved at us!

As I was out on my walk of course thoughts of Schatzi and our situation floated in the back of my head. I tried my best not to let that get the best of me though. It is really a beautiful place to walk around. Quiet, cool, lots of trees, friendly people, etc. I really enjoyed myself. I wish that I could have shared that time with Schatzi.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment