Monday, December 14, 2015

Day Out (day 5)

Hi again,

Saturday came quick and Schatzi didn't have work. Unlike me and my work he doesn't work weekends. I was looking forward to the weekend because I was thinking we could go out or do something fun. We slept in a bit which I loved. He got up to feed the dog, pay some bills, etc but he came back to the room eventually. Want to know something sweet he did? He went out and cleaned up the truck. He even put some air fresheners in the truck to get the funny smells out. Together we watched movie trailers and decided we would go to Target so he could get some Christmas shopping done, PetSmart to look for something for his dog, the mall, the movies, and then dinner. He found everything he needed at Target. Kind of jealous he could get his shopping done just like that. Here I am still needing to shop for three people. I am so behind this year. It was fun helping him shop for his nephews and niece. Made me feel like I was part of the family. (If you haven't noticed I am a sucker for the family stuff.) We made our way to PetSmart and I talked him into getting his dog a jacket. His dog stays outside through the wind, rain, and cold so I felt bad for him. We walked next door to BevMo because we had discussed the idea of having a drink later that night. He picked out some hard root beer and I chose a pineapple fruity wine.

We were both feeling a bit hungry so off to the movies we went. Of course we were too late for the closest showing and an hour too early for the next one. It was so cold out that we just agreed to see the 4:55 showing of The Night Before.

We went in and guess who got all excited about the arcade. Out of all the time I have known Schatzi I have never once seen him ask me for money. He had taken the $1 bills out of his wallet and I happened to have some. I had no problem giving him my dollars so don't for one second think that. We had to make a trip to the car to grab some cough drops and when we went back inside he convinced me to play a game with him. I really can't play video games because I get overwhelmed when people are coming toward me trying to kill me. In racing games I tend to have issues staying on the road lol I chose to play the hunting shooting game. I had so much fun playing the game with Schatzi. Most of the animals took two hits to kill and let's just say I let Schatzi get the first hit and I would steal it by getting the second hit! He caught on pretty quick though >.< He was kicking my butt and then I was totally kicking his butt. The movie was going to start soon and we still had to get our food and use the bathroom. So we agreed to do one more round in the game then put the guns down. I was winning and then that last round happened and he whooped my butt. Look at that! Almost 2,000 he beat me by! It was a lot of fun being able to have some friendly competition and let loose.



As for the movie itself, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I thought it was a pretty funny movie. Laughed quite a bit and it definitely helped me relax a bit. It was still super cold and slightly drizzling when we left the theater. We drove over to Olive Garden and it looked crowded on the outside, but we waited maybe a minute. Schatzi got soup and this pretty chicken dinner.



Of course I had to be slightly embarrassing and order off the kid's menu. I mean seriously they need a small portions adult menu for people like me! It was actually kind of a lot for a kid's meal. I had salad, mac n cheese, broccoli, and grapes.

We packed up our leftovers and got our little chocolate mints. I used to go crazy for these things. Every time the family would go out I would ask everyone for their chocolate. I would even go and ask the people at the front for more. I will say I have out grown that behavior. Look how festive they are though!

When we were driving back Schatzi had said he wanted to drive through town to show me something. He's not really big on Christmas lights and if I had it my way I would have lights up on the house and around the doorways inside. As we drove through town he turned his podcast off and apologized for not having any Christmas music. I didn't really need the music. I looked out my window with wide eyes like a little kid. On both sides of the street the shop windows were full of lights, all the trees were draped with lights, and we even passed the town's Christmas tree. It was absolutely magical. Plus it was a real tree too! I loved that he thought of me and remembered how much I enjoy Christmas lights.

We pulled up to the house with the intention of having a calm, quiet, relaxing night. His sister and the boys were visiting. So I got sucked into a game of Sorry. Schatzi talked to his mom and spent time with his doggie. Showers were taken and we went to the room. A bit of laundry was started. We gave the wine a try and just sat there talking about the next day's plans. We were both exhausted. I almost knocked out half sitting up and half laying down when Schatzi suddenly moved. I had thought he was asleep but guess not. So we talked and did our best to enjoy each other's company.

As the night came to an end I reflected on the day and how much I had enjoyed our day together. I do feel a bit guilty he spent money on me, but I appreciate his taking me out. I loved playing with the kids and feeling like I was a normal part of their family. What made me feel even more guilty was when Schatzi walked in from outside holding a torn up dog jacket. Thank goodness it was only $10, but still! That dog tore up his jacket in less than half an hour. Too bad that night there was rain, thunder, lightening, and crazy winds. Can't say I feel too bad for Caesar now. Surprisingly with all the noise outside Schatzi and I slept straight till six in the morning. Finally got some rest and it was the last night.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment