Monday, December 14, 2015

Breakfast For Dinner (day 4)

Hey guys,

After our walk (see previous post) I went inside and washed up. Schatzi would usually get home and want to shower. No problem with him wanting to shower, but oddly enough every time he would go to shower I would want to shower. Figured I would beat him to it so I took an early shower and even did my makeup. The view was gorgeous so I had to take a photo. I waited for him to get home but this time I stayed inside. He didn't seem to be in a good mood when he came home. He talked to his mom then went to shower.

He had asked my if I wanted to go out, but to be honest I didn't know what there was to do and all I really wanted to spend some time with him. After all, that was the reason for my traveling. He even offered to go get food, but I wasn't really wanting that. I tried my best to put aside my feelings and thoughts so we could enjoy each other's company.

I did get hungry and he offered to cook us potatoes, bacon, and eggs. Sounded pretty good actually. I couldn't help but take a photo of him cooking in the kitchen. I don't expect my boyfriend to cook for me every night or every morning, but I do appreciate any time he cooks for me. It was a fun time because we were pretty relaxed. We get silly and make jokes with one another. Those are some of the good times you know?

My food is on the left. He did my eggs scrambled and cooked well just how I like. The bacon was nice and crisp but not too crisp. As far as the potatoes there were a few that were over cooked, but oh man it was yummy! Schatzi's dinner is on the right. He usually eats more than I do. I did go back for more potatoes though!

After we were done eating he went out to visit his baby aka the dog. Schatzi made me put a jacket on though because it was freezing outside. Adorable how they interact. I'm glad he adopted Caesar. They are perfect for each other. I sat there and watched as the two boys wrestled and cuddled. I found myself smiling a lot as I watched.

At one point he got up and turned all the lights off. He took my hand and helped me down towards the pool. I didn't know what he was doing but he said he wanted to show me something. He had me look up and I could see hundreds of bright stars in the sky. I love looking at Christmas lights. I love looking at city lights. I love looking at clouds. I love looking at stars. I'm a sucker for those kinds of things. So when he showed me this I could feel myself get all warm ad fuzzy on the inside. With his arm around me we stood there taking in the mesmerizing view.

Inside we went. I helped his mom decorate the Christmas tree. I found this really special. Maybe everyone but me saw it as me simply helping out, but I felt really honored to be able to share that moment with his mom. As I picked up ornaments she would share stories behind the ornaments her children had made. Here's a little one Schatzi had made. Simple and cute, but full or memories and meaning.

It was heartwarming to be able to decorate the tree with his mom and have conversation with him and her. It had a very holiday family feel. I got emotional though, and honestly wanted to cry. This is something I would love to partake in every year, but I don't know if I will get to again.

No major arguing that night and I was thankful for that.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment