Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Got Him!

Hey guys,

I have been planning to visit Schatzi for a good while now. It had been over four months and I really wanted to see him. I took a week off from my jobs, coordinated with his mom, and tried to keep the specifics from him. He's not really into surprises so I was worried about how my plan would go over. It was so difficult leaving my baby at home. When my mom and I were getting ready to head to the airport Mimi jumped into the driver's seat.

Wasn't terribly crowded at the airport. Thank goodness right? After going through TSA I saw a really pretty Christmas tree. I do enjoy Christmas even though a lot of people have tainted it for me. Decorations are just so cheery!!

The flight was never quiet. There were two babies, three small children, and a dog. Who behaved the best you ask? The doggie. The babies decided to take turns crying when the other was quiet. The small children were in the aisle across from their parents and the mom had to keep yelling at them. I'm sorry but if your children cannot behave don't have them all sit together!! The view out the window made it all worth it though. Absolutely gorgeous!

I met Schatzi's mom at the airport and off to Costco we went. It's about a two hour ride from the airport to her house so we got to catch up. I really wish his folks lived closer because they are some really awesome people.

As we pulled up the driveway we noticed Schatzi was sitting out on the porch. I swear I saw him look up and his mom and I were both scared he saw me and ruined the surprise. Oh I forgot to say I texted him around the time I would have my lunch break at work and again when I would have had a ten minute break. Apparently I was pretty convincing because he was totally surprised when I came around the corner of the house! He had his earphones in his ears so he didn't even hear me say hi to him. He had to do a double take lol I could see he was surprised though. (Turns out he surprised me to because he was smoking. Which he never told me he had stopped yet, but I just didn't expect it.) He got up and hugged me, lifting me off the floor. It was sweet and a moment that I didn't want to forget.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment