Sunday, December 20, 2015

I Got A Phone Call

Hey there,

Did not sleep well at all last night. My body needs to learn that I do not need to be awake at 7 on the weekends. Yes, I was up so early this morning and my cough followed immediately. I had three major cough attacks while I was attempting to go back to sleep but it forced me out of bed and to the restroom to wipe the lovely snot from my nose. I crawled back into bed and knocked out. Too bad I had to get out of bed to go to work. A quarter cup of coffee and a cookie for breakfast before I was out the door.

It took me about ten minutes to find parking at work this morning. Not fun. Then at work I kept having to run to the break room, punch in the code, and down some water in an attempt to stop my coughing. Taking a week off from work made me feel like I was starting from scratch again which was difficult as is, but adding in my sinus issues made it hell. I wanted to practice pretesting people or at least shadow someone, but I mainly sat in the filing room. I actually enjoyed spending a chunk of my shift to be alone in the filing room. The last bit of my shift I got to make phone calls to confirm their appointments. Doesn't sound too difficult right? Normally it isn't difficult at all, but I had to stop three times during a minute long phone call to hack up a lung. I feel like my cough is getting worse. It's more of a dry cough trying to bring up grossness that isn't willing to come out yet. My cough and issues need to go away! I don't have time to be gross or sick.

While I was at work my boss came to me saying I had a phone call. I never get a call at work so I was worried. My mom was on the phone and was telling me that my dog was having diarrhea and bleeding from her rear. My dad and brother took Mimi to the hospital and I had to go back to work pretending that nothing was wrong. That on top of everything else going on was driving me crazy. (my nose is currently dripping right now. so cute right?) As soon as I got home and realized my brother wasn't home to go get food at Starbucks with me I attacked the chips.


Hot Cheeto fries with cheese melted in the microwave are actually a lot better than you would think. I'm glad I can't see myself when I am inhaling all these chips. I am disgusted with myself to be honest.

My brother got home and we went to Starbucks to use my BOGO food item coupon. Decided I would try the pb bistro box. My brother got the chicken blt sandwich. Can't say I would pay the $5 per item, but I will say there was a decent amount of food in my little box. The sad part was that I was most excited about the carrots and cucumber. I think that's my body's cry for healthy food. This box is a good idea for a DIY lunch for work. One day my partner will pack me lunch for work and it'll be extra special. Not saying he has to every day, but maybe once a week? That'd be awesome!

Finally got the call to pick up the baby. Luckily nothing was off with her blood work. No internal organ bleeding. She doesn't seem to be in any pain so that's a relief. She racked up quite a bill though. I paid $301 for her visit and four different medications. She now has to take a probiotic, a pill to protect her intestines, a pill to make sure no bacteria spreads, and a powder to help with her diarrhea. My mom will reimburse me for the visit. Not that it is impossible for me to pay for, but I do appreciate my parents paying for things like this.

It's been tough not talking to Schatzi. Imagine talking to someone almost every day for the last two years and then not talking to him/her for days. He works only during the week so I figured tonight would be a good night to have a talk. I asked if he was free tonight and all I got back was "No. Going out." Still nothing. Nice to know what he thinks of me and how important this and I are to him. Huge slap in the face. Appreciate it.


Well gift wrapping helped to try to get my mind off of things. Cut the ribbon too short, but not bad. Wrapped a bunch of stuff and wrote quite a few cards. Before I knew it two hours had gone by.

Had to take on mommy duty and wash the baby's bottom. She did not enjoy it one bit. My brother got to hold the front half while I lathered her up and rinsed her off. Then to my parents' room for blow drying. Not fun guys. But she's all clean now! Thank goodness because I was freaking out at work and cried a bit because of everything going on at once.

Watched some David Tutera with my mom and now I'm here writing this. I am still mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted but the real world doesn't care. Turns out LensCrafters will be giving me a lot of work over the next two weeks. I want the holidays to be over already. I feel really sad to say that because I really do enjoy the holidays. More like I used to enjoy the holidays. Now I work up to the holiday and work the day after. I don't have time to enjoy the holidays nor can I. There's a lot going on in my life where I can't clear my head to enjoy the special times of the year.

It'll be over soon and another year will be behind us all. Hopefully the new year will bring promising opportunities and compromises to my life. Until then, work work work. My body will probably wake me up in less than seven hours again and my day will repeat.

Hope you all enjoyed your day.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment