Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Jim Jefferies

Morning friends,

This is a long overdue blog post. You guys remember back in March when Schatzi and I became an official couple right? Remember back in November when Schatzi and I went to see Whitney Cummings? That was our first time hanging out! Back during winter break Schatzi was texting me and asked if I'd like to go back to Gaslamp to see one of his favorite comedians, Jim Jefferies! Of course I said yes. We just had to wait for the months to go by. Y'all know how a lot can go down in a handful of months.


Things have gone quite well for us since winter break so it was a date! Officially this time lol I say officially since the first trip I didn't know was a date till the end . . . yeaaaa my bad lol Here's a bit of a better photo of the theater. I felt weird taking photos, so didn't really take any. Sorry guys!


It's hard to compare his show to Whitney's but regardless I had just as many laughs if not more. He made all sorts of jokes. Some went over my head, others Schatzi and I found ourselves glancing over at one another. It was great.

Schatzi's friends who recently moved from the East went to the show with us. Was interesting meeting them. I think it's important in a relationship to meet your partner's friends. They were nice and this was my first double date in years. Kind of felt like a little kid since they are all in their 20's. I's be open to hanging out casually with them again. Get to know his friends and all.

After the show they went home and Schatzi and I searched for a place to eat. I wasn't really hungry so it was even harder for me to choose or want to find a spot to eat. (We had this issue last time. More because of how picky I was though.) Schatzi got a little impatient with me. Can't say I blame him. I just make things so difficult sometimes. Let me remind you all that Gaslamp is full of people, smoke, loud music, etc. I am not a fan of loud or crowded places so Schatzi had me choose between two different restaurants. I chose the one that appeared more calm inside. I was surprised when we walked in because it was so quiet! A very nice restaurant too if you ask me. We were seated at a cozy little clothed table off to the side. Don't like being seated in the center of rooms. What about you guys?

He teased me for choosing the restaurant that had half the menu in a foreign language. Took me a good while to decide what to order. First off, everything seemed like it would be a bit on the large portion size for me. Secondly, I was kind of glancing at prices because I knew I wasn't paying. I can't remember the exact name of my entree, but I know I had difficulty pronouncing it lol I wasn't 100% sure what I was ordering, but it was delicious! I'll try to explain it to you. These three rolls reminded me of pinwheel sandwiches, because of the shape of course. Like a very fancy version of ham and cheese rolls in a pasta/pizza like rich sauce. If I remember correctly is was prosciutto wrapped in some sort of noodle and baked. Regardless, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can feel my mouth starting to water just thinking about my dinner that evening! It may not look like a lot of food, but believe me it was. Thank you again Schatzi!



Schatzi got this beautifully colored plate of chicken marsala. My favorite part of his plate had to be the cute little carrots ^.^ I just thought they were adorable! He offered me some, but not a fan of mushrooms so I passed. Look at the cute little purple potatoes!!

After we finished the waiter came by with the dessert tray for us to choose from. I was stuffed, but Schatzi encouraged me to help him choose one. We got a slice of cake and if I remember correctly it had some sort of gelatin layered in. My favorite part was the greenish colored gelatin!

Such a great way to end our evening out. We walked out to the street, got in the cab, and went home. Don't think I need to say it, but we were exhausted! We knocked out once our heads hit the pillows.

Is this a tradition in the making babe? Either way, it's something special and unique for us in our relationship. Thank you again for everything that evening. I needed that time to escape from all the crazy school stress! You're so talented when it comes to giving me a break from school stresses. Love you so much! See you soon!!

ALG






No comments:

Post a Comment