Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Removing That Glitter Polish

Hi again,

I painted my nails last week with one of my favorite glitter polishes, but it has started to chip away. I hate when I have to remove glitter polish because it can be such a hassle! I've seen tutorials for months on YouTube on how to remove glitter polish. These are the items I used:

-acetone
-cuticle oil
-cotton rounds cut up
-foil strips

So I cut the cotton rounds so I only had to use three total. After soaking a pad in acetone I placed it onto my nail and wrapped with foil. After putting em on one hand I watched a YouTube video and just waited.


Just be careful so you don't ruin your parents' table . . . My bad! I should have had some newspaper down.



After 5ish minutes I lightly rubbed and pulled away the foil. Look how easily that came off! Guess a video would have been best to show you guys. If you'd like to see how easy this process is click here to watch cutepolish on YouTube!

Since the acetone makes my skin and nails dry, I massaged some cuticle oil all over the areas exposed to the acetone. Looks all greasy huh? Felt nice though!




I repeated the same steps to my right hand and pushed my cuticles back. Voila! Nice clean glitter polish free nails! Then of course I painted on a base coat followed by three coats of the same glitter polish!

ALG









No comments:

Post a Comment