Friday, July 25, 2014

Fumigation & Buffet

Hi guys,

Got up at 7 to be ready for the fumigation guys to come on in between 9 and 11.
Yes, our house has a bit of a termite problem so we had to box up all the
medications, skin care, food, etc and take it over to my grandma's house. We
didn't have to, but just to be safe I packed up all of the baby's toys too. The food we did leave at home we had to double bag and tape like crazy. Look how
empty the pantry and fridge look!


Here's a photo of our lovely tented house!


The guys had to put these signs up around the outside of the house. Just in case someone comes along and decides it'd be a good idea to try to break in. The guys were late. Not by much, but maybe ten after. I mean they DID have a two hour window o-o

This was our first stop. Tried to get a photo where you guys could see the temperature, but I kind of failed at that . . . Anyways lol It read 102! Have you guys been to Bakers?


Home of the Alien Fresh Jerky store! Weird huh?

We stopped in Bakers for potty break and lunch. I think we always stop and
get Taco Bell but could just be my bad memory. I ain't complaining though because I am a fan! My dad noticed the napkins were set up a little bit differently than usual. Cool? After lunch we were back on the road!

Welcome to Nevada peeps! Not a bad photo for being in a car going 75 mph right?

Okay so you are probably asking "ALG why am I looking at an orange building?" Well friends, it's an ongoing joke. A few years ago we were in the car and my brother and I pointed out the building to my mom. We told her look at that orange building! By the time she looked we had passed it, but she kept asking what orange building?? So every time we pass it we can't help but laugh for a good handful of minutes.


On the side of the Rio we saw Penn & Teller! (Foreshadowing? *wink wink*)










We always go to two beef jerky stores. Here's one of em. Mom picked up some foodies for the family and friends back home.

Have you guys ever seen a Denny's as yellow as this one? Me neither lol I had to take a photo.


Slotzilla! It's new I think.

Cute little Asian cartoony peoples >.< They kind of reminded me of Sarah. This is for you Sarah!

Every time we come to Vegas we eat at Makino-Sushi & Seafood Buffet. Let me warn you all now that I ate a lot of food . . . don't judge me (or not too harshly if you do)!!



First plate. Started with edamame and a variety of sushi.

Got a bowl of miso soup. What's so cool about it? They have a machine that dispenses it! Then you add your own onions, seaweed, tofu, etc. I love that because I HATE the green onion they always have in the soup. If you've ever gone out to Japanese food with me you've probably witnessed me picking em all out lol


Plate 2. Went back for more sushi. My dad said the salmon was really good so figured I'd give it a try. I should have listened to my instincts and not tried it. Not for me.

Took a break to try to crack crab legs for my mom. My brother was supposed to do it, but he chickened out. After all that craziness I got out a nice big piece of meat and shredded pieces (top lil pile).

Plate 3. Needed some veggies so went for cucumber, green beans, and tempura broccoli, sweet potato, and pumpkin (if you count them). I tried both noodles (left) and their fried rice (right). The sweet potato was cut so thin it was nice and crisp yet still soft. So yummy!

Plate 4. Dessert time!! Just six. Pfuit, not that many right? Starting on the left back, blueberry mousse cake, orange mousse cake, cream puff, green tea roll with azuke bean center, almond cookie, and
brownie.

Plate 5. Fruites! Need something healthy right? Refreshing break from all the sweets.

Plate, well bowl 6. The final round! Red bean ice cream with almond cookies to make it less boring lol



Like the license plate we saw in the parking lot?

I can proudly say that I wasn't over stuffed. I did eat a lot, but hey it's once a year if that! Plus the diet doesn't start till next week!

ALG

ps. all the Vegas posts were written between the 21st and 23rd, but uploaded when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment