Sunday, November 24, 2013

Balboa Park & Whitney Cummings

Hi friends,

Soooo instead of going home last weekend, I went to Balboa park with a friend from ASL class. Long story short, the guy that picked me up is 26, my friends were all worried about me, but I didn't get any bad vibes from him. Bob's roommate even made me take pepper spray just in case. He picked me up and took me to The Museum of Man so I could do my extra credit for my MMW class. For those of you that have never been to Balboa Park NEED to go! The traffic is kind of meh, but it is so gorgeous!! I think I had my mouth open looking out the window for half the time before we parked. Back where I live the parks are just a field, a sad looking play ground, maybe a baseball field, and a few benches. This park was a real park, kind of like my ideal park in my imagination. There were rose gardens, fountains, statues, fields, trees, food vendors, ponds, etc. Oh and plus all the buildings reminded me of the buildings in DC area.

Leme share some of my photos with yalls:









This is what you see when you first walk in.












Aren't these hat things adorable? Well apparently some parents thought these were really cute and made their children wear them.











Does this couple look happy? I mean I think they should have had huge smiles on their faces on their wedding day.











From across the street.













Isn't this interesting? It's showing how much DNA we have in common with a banana.

Maybe every time we eat a banana we partake in a type of cannibalism O.O Think about it next time you indulge in some B-A-N-A-N-A-S










Can you imagine creating this by hand thousands of years ago? I couldn't, but that's probably because I am afraid of getting splinters lol










The lovely shrunken heads. After looking at this picture, kind of looks like my head is one of the shrunken heads . . . It's just the glass though!!









When you first look at this, what comes to mind? I thought of It's A Small World at Disneyland! Can't you just see them singing to you?!?






After the museum, we went to his house to chill till it was time to leave to the theater. He's a really nice guy, nothing to worry about. He was in the military right after high school, jic you were wondering why he is his age. Left early and took a cab to the Gaslamp District. He was surprised I had never heard of the Gaslamp District. It was very crowded, the traffic reminded me of LA traffic, and almost everyone was smoking. It may seem like I didn't like the environment, but I liked it.


We walked around a bit then went into the theater. Walking through the doors, I felt my body fill with excitement. Don't remember the last time I was in such a beautiful dramatic theater. Sorry for the bad picture lol You get the idea though right? (*Just say yes)

It was my first time seeing a comedian and I absolutely LOVED it. College is stressful, and always on my mind so being able to have a break was amazing. I needed this time for myself and I don't think I could thank him enough for what he did for me.



So about the comedian, she was hilarious. To be honest I had to look her up before accepting my friends invite. I mean why would I go if she talked about politics or something, I would have been so lost! Turns out she talks about relationships and love. Check her out here. Maybe this is what my life is missing lol I need to listen to stand up comedians more. I really want to go see more stand up comedians!

After the show he made me choose a place to eat. He said he had to feed me before he took me back to school. Ate at a Mexican restaurant, of course I had my usual. Took a cab back to his place and he dropped me off at school.

The thing is that I wanted to pay for his ticket for the museum since he was doing me a favor, but he wouldn't let me pay. Then I wanted to pay for dinner since he paid for the ticket, but did he let me? Nope. I did pay for $10 of the cab price, but he gave me a $20 -.- I gave it back to him, but he said he would find a way to give it back to me. When he dropped me off I told him don't worry bout the $10. As I walked to the stairs I heard him yell for me to check between the tickets, that he asked me to hold in my purse. Guess what I saw, yes I saw the $20 bill.

So I got a free ride to the museum, a free dinner, a free ticket, and a great night out

ALG

4 comments:

  1. Sound like a great day and evening. You deserved a break. Laughter is good medicine. When you were small (is that possible), we went to Balboa Park and Gaslamp District. SD's a nice town.

    ReplyDelete