Sunday, July 6, 2014

Thousand Trails

Morning everyone,

For 4th of July Schatzi's aunt invited family to go to Thousand Trails to go camping. You guys may not know, but I've never really been camping before. I am not super girly girl, but I don't like getting dirty. Left the house with Schatzi's parents while he went off on his bike. Swung by his sister's house to get her and her two adorable sons. Then off we went for a twoish hour drive to the campground. Interesting car ride. Stopped for breakfast, but before that stop we had to stop so Schatzi's mom and sister could deal with one of the kid's. Poor guy got a bad nose bleed. We all felt sorry for him, but admitted he looked kind of funny with all those napkins held up on his face lol

I didn't take a lot of photos for you guys because carrying the camera everywhere would have been such a hassle. Just wanted to try to relax and not have to worry about it getting stolen or wet. At the campgrounds we didn't have phone service and that was very nice. I normally have my phone on me 24/7. I really do, ask anyone! So just left that in the tent. Only problem with that was not knowing the time.

It was hot, but we got to go down to the lake a few times to cool off. Schatzi said it's about a mile walk there and back so we must have walked a good 7 miles?

Schatzi was sweet as always and did most of the setting up. Never had to pitch a tent before, so I was a little lost. He just told me put that through there and that over there, hold this. The tent didn't seem terribly big from the outside, but on the inside it was a bit more spacious than I had expected.



Didn't have a set schedule so we kind of just did our own little thing. Here's a picture of part of Schatzi's aunt and uncle's set up.




After a very long day we headed over to the parking lot to watch the fireworks. See the table? The staff went and lined up the fireworks and lit em on there. I am afraid of being too close to fireworks ever since I burnt myself a little with one when I was younger. I don't see how they were getting all up in there lighting new ones with some already going off. At one point one of the fireworks tipped on its side. Guess who couldn't keep himself from laughing? Yup, Schatzi. There he was sitting right there next to me laughing hysterically.


This is the only photo I have of the lake. Can't say I've swam in a lake before. Took me a while to get in the water because the rocks and plants. We swam across the lake and just chilled in the middle away from all the crazy kids and families. Not a bad photo huh? Doesn't give you guys a very good idea of what the lake was like, but there ya go.

Got there Friday and left Saturday. Not even a full two days, but that's enough for me lol Think by the end of the trip we all needed away from the kids.

For someone that doesn't like outdoorsy stuff, I will admit I had a lot of fun. I got to relax, not worry about my phone, school, life I guess. To a certain degree though. Would I go again? For sure! Maybe next year lol not too soon

ALG

Forgot to mention something! On the way back from the campground Schatzi's mom almost his a deer! Sooo we were following this super slow red car out to the road, had to pull over to see if something had gone wrong with all the stuff in the back of the truck, got back on the road behind the darn red car. On top of moving so slowly he kept braking. Schatzi's mom was getting annoyed and when he straight up stopped in the middle of the road she decided to go around him. As we approached the stopped car something off to the right caught my eye. Not used to seeing deer I wasn't sure what was moving in the brush. By the time I realized it was a deer Schatzi's mom had started toward the left side of the red car. For the majority of the car ride I was quiet, but I kind of yelled out "Wait!" Luckily the deer got by and we got by the red car lol Don't think I have ever been in that situation before.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time "roughing it" and getting away from everything.

    ReplyDelete