Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Rioters In Math Class O.o

Evening everyone,

Some UCSD discussion sections have been canceled this week due to rioting. Figured I would just walk around them with their pick it signs, but nope. Our paths have intersected. Where might you ask? In my math class of all places! There I am sitting in class taking notes when I hear chanting, clapping, and drumming. My professor ignores it and continues with the lesson. As it gets louder my professor pauses and before we know it rioters are pouring into our classroom, standing in front of my prof! (can you spot my prof?)
My prof asked them to come back later to which they replied it would only take a few minutes. As they made their way towards the front of the room my prof said that he was "kind of in the middle of something" and if they could not interrupt. They ignored my prof and gathered at the front of the room telling us how the UC system is legally supposed to listen to them about making class sizes smaller and blah blah blah. The most entertaining part was when the megaphone was handed off to a male TA that spoke into the megaphone pointing toward the ground, he did not look at us at all, he said the word like at least 10 times, and he used swear words. I would have been embarassed had I been one of his fellow TAs. My favorite part was after they all left our room. My prof said "I am LEGALLY not allowed to say anything, but doesn't mean I'm not thinking it." I believe that all students love my prof. I mean look how adorable he is standing there with his arms crossed! Snaps to him for handling the situation though.


Not a beautiful pix, but here's an idea of what it looked like from the balcony.

ALG

p.s.
     replace rioters with strikers.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a little excitement and diversion to spice things up. At least it was a peaceful riot; more like a protest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, there was a strike by TAs here too, but it didn't get out of hand like that. They were just marching outside. The funny thing was that i was in my math discussion, and my TA didn't even know who were striking! Haha, we ended up having our discussion anyway.

    ReplyDelete