Sunday, April 6, 2014

Date With Geisel!

Good Evenin,

Yes I had a date with Geisel this afternoon. More like from noon till seven! For those of you that aren't familiar with the term Geisel, it's the name of the library here at UCSD. I rarely go to libraries so this made for an interesting day. The reason I went to the library would be MMW. Our favorite class! . . NOT!








That's not the fun part though. But that's part of what I went through jic y'all was wonderin! Sevn books and only used four of em. I will admit that I was extremely frustrated at first, but about 3/4 the way through my date it got easier. While reading ffor MMW I came across the name William Harvey. He was an English physician and was first to be able to describe the circulation and properties of blood flow through the heart. Since I am amazed and interested in learning more about the human body I thought I would check if the library had his book titled De Motu Cordis (On the Circulation Of the Blood). Guess what? Found it on the library website! So I wrote down the location and set off on my mission. (Side note: I can never find books in libraries. Which is most likely why I don't go to em . . .)

I found it! I went on the wrong side of the aisle at first, then when I realized I was on the wrong side I knew what I had to do. I had to move the book shelf. Yes, MOVE it! Maybe you guys have seen this before, but it was my first time and it was so interesting! I pulled the lever and turned the handle and voila! I thought it'd be difficult, but nope. I got so much joy from moving it that I moved it back too lol

It was definitely not my favorite date to say the least. After I got out of the library I called Schatzi. I just had to! He's so sweet. He didn't think I was weird for getting so excited. I have bad memory, but he said something along the lines of "that's great/awesome babe!"

I had a pretty decent weekend. Two days with my boyfriend. Home cooked meals :) Got to watch a movie. Had a bit of cuddle time. Read 80 pgs or so. Took a few naps. Now back to reality right? Full week of school ahead of me. Can't wait till Thursday though! You'll see why later.

ALG





4 comments:

  1. You took the photo of Geisel or from the Internet; nice pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. internet. forgot to take a photo when i was there.

      Delete
  2. Wow, cool! I want to move the book shelf too!

    ReplyDelete