Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Traveling

Evening everyone,

Today is the first time I took the train home from UCSD. Remember Dory? Well she's the pro when it comes to the train, so I was her shadow for half the day. Our plan was to get on the bus that would lead us to the train station. I got out of class early so Dory and I went to the stop closest to ERC. By the time we got there we figured we missed that bus, so we trekked our way to the next bus stop. Guess what passed us by? The bus we needed to get on passed us, flashing "BUS FULL" Luckily we met a nice gentleman that told us we could take one of the campus shuttles to a coaster station and take that to the train station. We waited with the gentleman (did I mention all the other kids followed us?) for the shuttle. Shuttle came and it took us to the Coaster station. Did you know the shuttle goes on the freeway?? Well, I had no idea lol




I didn't know if the Coaster was like a bus, train, trolley, etc. Turns out it was a train that ran on the same track as the Amtrack! He told us we could try to sneak on, as in not buy a ticket, or buy a ticket. Dory and I decided we would be good samaritans and purchase tickets. Didn't expect it to be $5, but it was better than missing our train. Had to use my debit card though.










This is proof we were in Serranto Valley! We were only waiting for maybe 10-15 minutes.

















There's the Coaster! It was very nice inside, and QUIET!











Beautiful right?



Got to the Amtrack station with 20 minutes to spare. That was BEFORE we found out that the train was running LATE! I think it was 20 minutes late and packed full of people. Dory was getting all ready to fight her way, or as I said "throw them elbows"  >.<  The train stopped and Dory was on the train before I even got half way to the door! I was waiting to get on and I saw her through the window in the snack room car. Had to put my suite case in the top level so the guy on the train wouldn't get mad at me. Since I am on the smaller side, I asked a fellow student to assist me in throwing my luggage up on the shelf. Dory and I stayed in the snack room the whole ride! Here's a bit of the view from the train window, enjoy!



Now I am home. Helped a tad in the kitchen. Did some homework, not to mention that math homework is due NEXT Sunday!! Bed in a while. Can't wait to feel the floor in the shower!

Shout out: Happy Birthday Sarah!!

ALG




2 comments:

  1. We've always driven by the Coaster station heading down to San Diego and Legoland and no one ever road the train until now. You proved it's smooth running just like it looks.

    ReplyDelete