Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Turkey Day!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!




Glad to be home after how many weeks of straight UCSD? Helped mom in the kitchen today, well I tried to help some. Here's the before picture of the lovely bird. Mom decided to rub it with butter this time instead of melted butter. Looks kind of odd but just wait till you see after pictures!



While waiting for the turkey to cook and all that, I had a chocolate. Isn't it cute? My brother got it from his girlfriend's family. Not my favorite kind, but I love the sugar turkey on top!!


After many hours of prepping and cooking this is my mom's final result. Isn't it gorgeous?! Lots of yummy foods! We had turkey, stuffing, veggies, rolls, wontons, mashed potatoes, peach melba jello, sweet potato, salad, and pies. 






Told you that the after picture would be better! I think this may have been the first Thanksgiving I ate some of the skin too!




Veggies, yams, and stuffing. All homemade!






Can you believe this is made of jello? I normally decorate this every year, but my brother and aunt did it instead. Tasted amazing as always though!






This is my annual(ish) Thanksgiving creation. I gut out a cheese roll, spread homemade cranberry sauce on one half, mashed potato on the other side, and finish it off with shredded turkey! Thanksgiving in a simple sandwich form!

Who's going Black Friday shopping tomorrow?? My aunt and I am going to go out to tackle the crowds tomorrow! We don't wait outside stores or anything crazy. We kind of just take our time and look for some good deals. If you go out tomorrow, stay safe!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!

P.S. If you have yet to see the Google video, go to the Google sight and watch it!!

ALG

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have you home for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to be able to have a break from the craziness at school. Still have my sandwiches!

      Delete