Saturday, November 23, 2013

Chem & Math Midterm 2

Evening everyone,

Started my day at 7:30ish with my Chem midterm still haunting me. Wasn't in the mood to eat food food, so I ate the triangular piece of Toblerone that Sarah had given me the night before, changed, and went on my merry way to York Hall. Bob and I always seem to have random songs stuck in out heads for a few days, this time I had Popular in my head. (Click here if you want to see/hear what I am talking/typing about. I seem to be obsessed with the music video. I also just LOVE Ariana Grande!)


Just like the previous Chem midterm, tests were to be handed out starting at the back of the classroom. So I walked directly to the front of the room, dropped off my bag, and found a seat in the second to last row in the back. Not too bad right? Remember how horrible my last Chem midterm experience was? (If not, click here to read about it!) Decided I would try to go into this test with a calmer mind. I mean it kind of worked. I didn't shake, or read the clock wrong, or even run out of time. Then again, this test had less math problems and more "drawing" problems. I will admit that I tensed up during the test. Not as bad as last time, but still bad. I tried to sit/look up and I felt an excruciating pain in my lower back, shoulders, neck, etc. I bet anyone looking got weirded out at the funny faces I must have been making lol I mean wouldn't you?

I finished the MC in less than an hour, and moved on to face the five pages of free response. Quite intimidating! Page by page I worked my way through without skipping parts.


Then I reached the second to last page O.O I tried to solve part b for about 10 minutes and told myself I had to move on and come back to finish it off later. Finished the fifth page, and returned to the fourth. I drew out these two isomers below. I got that part, but I had to find two resonance structures for each. I went back and forth, drawing all sorts of diagrams. I just couldn't seem to come up with a logical answer. It wouldn't have been too big a deal, but part c asked for me to find the formal charges on all 4 of the resonance structures. So obviously I couldn't do part c without first completing part b. That's when I realized I was pooped. I tried and tried, but still couldn't get anywhere. In the end I just drew a few and calculated the formal charges in hopes that I would be awarded at least 4 out of the ten points possible.

This was my crazy crib card . . .



Not a fun way to start the day, so I walked back to the dorm, well Cafe V for some fruits. Got my some pineapple, watermelon, and cantaloupe. Can you believe Sarah, who went to bed before me, was barely waking up!? Ate my fruit and cinnamon rolls while Sarah got herself ready. Guess where we went!

We finally went to the mall to go shoppin!! Since the weather is getting cooler, I have the urge to go out and buy a bunch of sweaters. That's normal for most girls right? . . Got a really interestingly poofy, soft black sweater thing, a necklace, some foods, and a new bra to try out. When we got back I put on my black sweater and I was instantly filled with joy. I'm not sure what was so magical about the sweater, but I love it. Almost didn't buy it though, because it was $20 and I really didn't need it. Glad I talked myself into buying it though!!

Now back to studying :/ School never ends when you're in college. Sometimes I forget I go to college though lol Then I wake up to reality. Hope to sleep in!!

Night you guys,

ALG

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you barely survived Chem midterm. Keep plugging away and doing you're best. Hang-in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did better this time. I hope to upload a few more pictures. Once I get back to the dorm I will try to remember to upload. That way everyone can see how crazy my "crib card" was this time

      Delete
  2. Do your best is all we can ever ask for. It's alright to take small breaks from studying. 100% studying is not good for your mental fortitude nor your health. Keep doing your best and try to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete