Friday, October 14, 2016

San Francisco (Day 4)

Hi again,

*sighs* The last bit of time we had in SF I chose to go to Onigilly for breakfast/snack. It's sooo cool! Basically a Japanese version of Chipotle? Plus I adore the chalkboard menu and the colors they chose.

I ended up getting the edamame set which included my choice of three onigilly, tsukemono, and edamame. Decided to go a bit out of my comfort zone and got (left to right) the teriyaki tofu, ume, and unagi onigiri. I actually really like this photo. He let me borrow his jacket because I was freezing my butt off. I feel like the colors of the restaurant, the colors in my hair, and the lighting make this photo perfect.

We were right near Sushiritto so we walked over there so he could get his sushi burrito. Look how crazy that is! I had never seen anything like it before. I knew sushi burritos were a thing, but I had never seen one before. I swear he inhaled that before I even finished one of my onigiri!

Of course a boba spot across the street caught my eye so I had to ask him if we could go there before we hit the road. OMG I got the panda milk tea and it was bomb! The drink got it's name because of the black and white boba inside. The texture of the white boba was so unique that I couldn't stop drinking it! Doesn't sound like much of a problem right? Well it is when you have to be on the road for many hours and conveniently have a tiny bladder!

He kept going back and forth about visiting his hometown so I decided for him that we would stop by. He told me that his town was small, but it's not as small as the last one. We killed some time walking around their outdoor mall and headed to the house. Coincidentally we ended up following his mom to the house! To be honest I was kind of nervous about meeting his mom. Turns out she's pretty chill! A few weeks prior he had mentioned his mom would be getting married in October. I was thinking he may invite me, but he said it's probably too late. I then found myself standing in his moms kitchen as she asked me if I was coming to her wedding. I couldn't help myself, I turned to look at him to say am I going/are you inviting me? She was like I can't believe you didn't invite her! Then she invited me and told me I should come! Luckily I was able to get time off from my work. Before I knew it, we were back on the road headed home.

On the way back he put on some comedy from Netflix and then got me started on American Horror Story. I have seen American Horror Story when scrolling through Netflix, but I always got too scared to check it out. I think I am now hooked though!

We got back pretty late, hit the sack, got up early, returned the car, and were crazy enough to go to the gym. It was kind of strange to think that if I hadn't decided to go to San Francisco I would have been at home doing laundry, chores, watching tv, and running errands. Of course I watched my bank account go down a bit, but it was worth getting away from everything crazy going on. Where should I go next?

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment