Friday, October 14, 2016

Tackling Acrylics!

Hey guys,
Before I started Nail Technician school I had never really seen acrylic nails. When I was first introduced to acrylics I HATED them! I thought they looked bulky, unnatural, and flat out ugly. Unfortunately, I have been pushed to do acrylics at work. I mean it's a good skill to have as a nail technician so I can get a job anywhere. Here's the end result of my first fill! When I say first fill, I mean first fill in my whole life!! Yes, I have never done a fill. Not even on myself, friends, or in school. Disclaimer: she came in with really really wide bulky nails from another salon. I couldn't narrow them out as much as I would have liked to, but they looked 10xs better than when she first sat down in my chair!




My second acrylic fill I was faced with wide thick acrylic and a picky client. In the end she got her nails better shaped, polished, and all covered in chrome.







I actually did my third fill yesterday. Again, she came in with thick, bulky, and extremely lifted acrylics. We drilled them down so they felt more natural, polished them, and designed them. Matte gel polish with a black ombre and accent Swarovski crystal nails!








I also did my first full sculpted set yesterday! Oh man she came in with busted up natural nails. She told me she ripped off her acrylic nails prior to coming in. Ladies, NEVER ever attempt to rip off your acrylic or let anyone try to do that to you!! Proper acrylic removal is key to the health of your nails! Anyhow, I prepped her, build the nails using forms, filed them, polished, and designed! We used Swarovski crystals, nail tape, and nail foil.



I can say that I have definitely grown as a nail technician. I am not 110% confident in my acrylic skills, but I am content with my skill level for now. I will work on my timing for now. I am hoping that I can start to increase my clientele while also seeing more money flow into my pocket.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment