Sunday, October 23, 2016

MY Pineapple!

Hey there,
October 1st we made an impromptu quick trip to Round One before he had to head off to work. He really enjoys playing those claw games and winning prizes. When we walked into the arcade I was overwhelmed with all the machines, lights, noises, and people. I don't like crowded, dark, or loud places so I was feeling a bit out of place.

We walked around every single claw machine so he could analyze them to see which he should play. I honestly didn't know so much goes into playing a claw game. I figured you aim the best you can and hope for the best. Nope, it's not that simple. As we walked around he asked me which I liked/wanted. I got shy and weird so in my head I kept yelling the pineapple! Of course I stayed quiet though. I think he could tell I was drawn to the pineapple so that's where we ended up. 


Yeaaa neither of us thought the pineapple would be simple to win, but it only took two times to win! I used to think claw games you just grab it in one go or give up. Apparently you usually need more than one move to win the prize. He explained how different claws have different levels of strength, some you have to drop in the hole while others you have to push down, and other strategies. Waaaay too complicated for me to fully grasp, but I'm glad he understands it all because I got to take this baby home with me! First time a guy has ever won me a prize! I was trying real hard to not act too giddy, but I love my pineapple!!

Back to the house and off to work he went. I did go chill at his work though. I got a drink and talked to the guys (his coworkers/roommate) at the sushi bar. He got off work late, but we eventually made it back to the house to relax for the night.

The next day we went to see a screening of quite a few songs from various Asian animated movies. I only recognized a few of the movies, but I enjoyed sitting with him and watching the orchestra. Not to mention the impressive taiko drummers! I should've tried out taiko with Sarah back at UCSD.








After the screening we went to Downtown Fullerton for dinner. This guy loves his ramen! I almost never finish my food, and he's usually hungry after he finishes his so it works out perfectly!

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment