Sunday, October 23, 2016

My First Paint Night!

Hola,

September 17th I went to my very first paint night! For those of you that have no clue what I am talking about I will explain. Paint night events provide the painting supplies and an instructor that helps you step by step create you're very own masterpiece. Sadly, the alcohol for the night is not included, but considering the event itself isn't terribly expensive I didn't mind buying a drink.

I had purchased my tickets on Groupon, and asked an old coworker if he would like to go with me. Before you all start to assume it was a date, it was not. I miss my coworkers, and honestly would like to see them all more frequently. Anyways, we met at Mimi's Cafe for our paint night. The painting was cherry blossom branches with the night sky and moon in the background. Sounds simple right?

Here we are with our drinks and canvases. I can't believe he sat there and only drank Dr. Pepper while I had a mimosa. It was my first time having a mimosa too! Wish I had my first mimosa on a hotel balcony looking out at a gorgeous view in like Mexico or Hawaii, but I'll work my way to that dream. My poor friend sat next to a woman that talked his ear off the whole event.





We had a ton of funny laughing, being immature, failing at following directions, making fun of the drunk women, and creating our own pieces of art! Look how focused he is!





I decided to make this painting my own by adding black to the sky. Not surprising huh?

I loved the event so much that I basically went home that night and signed up for another!

-ALG




No comments:

Post a Comment